TBAC ultra 7 vs 9

Kpuck08

So I just bought my first suppressor today kinda spur of the moment. I got the TBAC ultra 7 CB in 6.5 caliber. I have to wait 10 days to get my finger prints done before I can send in my paperwork. I’m having second thoughts on if I should have gotten the 9” version. I believe I can switch it out before I send in my paperwork.
I have a 16” .223 AR, a Tikka .243, and I’m wanting to build a new AR in 6mm ARC. I plan to use the suppressor mainly for coyote calling and when out shooting rock chucks. Should I spend the extra $50 and deal with the extra 2” of length, or is the 7 good for my intended purposes?

I think you will be happy with the 7 ultra 6.5
I have had that exact can for a year now and I’m very happy with it. I’ve had it on a 223 AR. 6mm creed AR10 and 6mm Creed bolt. The 9 ultra would be a couple decibels quieter. If it is mostly for coyotes and hunting then 2” less length would be more significant than the couple decreased decibels. You will enjoy a suppressor so much that you will be temped to order more. I hope you get it by this summer but 8-10 months are more typical wait times.

I have that same can and it’s great. Suppressed my 22-250’s and 6.5 creedmoor. It’s a great hunting can. I plan on getting the Gen 2 in 30 cal in the future. However for now I put a sandman L in jail last month and the new nomad LT I have on order the other day. I’m really excited to try that new nomad. I think it’ll be as quiet or quieter than the Tbac Ultra 9. Don’t worry you made a good choice. TBAC’s are awesome and my ultra 7 won’t be my last Tbac..

I run 30 cal ultra-7's on everything from 17's to a 30-338 with out issues. The 9 might be a better better for the big 30 but I am very happy.

Kpuck08, I have both the TBAC ultra 7 in 6.5 and the TBAC Ultra 9 in .30. I think you will be very happy with the ultra 7. I use it on my 6.5 prc and a .243 rifles. I vote you keep it.

I have the ultra 9 and my buddy has the ultra 7. For hunting we both agree the ultra 7 is optimal. When we are shooting side by side there is a noticeable difference in sound but not enough make any difference while hunting. The 7 is the perfect balance between length and sound in my opinion.....my next will be a dominos though. Shorter than the 7, uses same mount, and a few Db quieter.
If you wanted the “quietest” setup and length/cost was not an issue the ultra 338 is crazy quiet on a 6.5...that sell an adapter to use it on the same mount as the rest of the ultra series.

Last edited:
Back