Convergent and Glenn Guess Hog Sounds

Gman757

I have been watching Glenn's calling videos on his YouTube channel Hog Zombies lately and noticed he is using some new calls that I could not find in the Hog Pro app for the Convergent callers. I contacted Convergent and it seems there is some kind of issue going on.

I am asking anyone here that bought the Convergent unit to get Glenn's calls like I did to contact Convergent and see if we can get this resolved. I already owned a FoxPro Shockwave and spent the money to purchase the Bullet HP just so I could use Glenn's sounds. He has done years of research and field testing to provide those for us and some of us invested in Convergent to have access.

I informed Convergent that I have no issue with paying an in-app fee for more call sounds from Glenn and I'm sure most others don't have a problem with that either. Hopefully some of that would go to Glenn to help reimburse him for his time and energy invested in developing the calls.

https://convergenthunting.com

Originally Posted By: crapshootSo is the issue between the call company (Byron South and associates) and Guess?

I don't know any details. All I know is I paid for the caller expecting to get Glenn Guess calls when they became available and without them it's just a Bluetooth speaker to me that can be bought on Amazon for a lot less.

Last edited:
Does anyone know of an alternative to the convergent call? As an old timer I need one that has its own remote as I am definitely tech challenged and have not graduated to a ??SmartPhone?? Other call makers haven't picked up on the need for a variety of hog sounds.

Originally Posted By: 22magnum22Does anyone know of an alternative to the convergent call? As an old timer I need one that has its own remote as I am definitely tech challenged and have not graduated to a ??SmartPhone?? Other call makers haven't picked up on the need for a variety of hog sounds.

i don't know of an alternative.

I have the Bullet HP and Glenn's Sounds.
Do you have the Bullet HP?
You link your phone to the Bullet via Bluetooth. Than your phone becomes the remote.
I can walk yo through the pairing process

Originally Posted By: Gman757Originally Posted By: crapshootSo is the issue between the call company (Byron South and associates) and Guess?

I don't know any details. All I know is I paid for the caller expecting to get Glenn Guess calls when they became available and without them it's just a Bluetooth speaker to me that can be bought on Amazon for a lot less.

The calls do not come with the Bullet HP, you have to get those separately. Go to your App Store and search/purchase those. maybe $5 for Glen's hog sounds. You will also want to get the App for Convergence's predator calls. The HP bullet is just a Bluetooth speaker (a very good one). The apps are what send the sounds to the speaker. (I think the predator calls/App is free). Either way you could use the Apps with any Bluetooth speaker, but you will find that the Bullet HP is worth the money.

Originally Posted By: GregOThe calls do not come with the Bullet HP, you have to get those separately. Go to your App Store and search/purchase those. maybe $5 for Glen's hog sounds. You will also want to get the App for Convergence's predator calls. The HP bullet is just a Bluetooth speaker (a very good one). The apps are what send the sounds to the speaker. (I think the predator calls/App is free). Either way you could use the Apps with any Bluetooth speaker, but you will find that the Bullet HP is worth the money.

Yes....there are numerous apps and bluetooth speakers available and they all work the same but there is more to the story. Several years ago I bought the Bullet when I found out that Glenn had chosen them to market his calls. Some of us were waiting to see if he would go with Foxpro since some like me already owned Foxpro callers but he decided to team up with Convergent. At the time the implication was that you would be given access to the app and therefore Glenn Guess hogs sounds if you bought the caller.

Things have evolved since then and evidently the App is now viewed as a standalone product absent the purchase of a Convergent calling unit. I have no issues having bought the unit as it does a relatively good job as a calling unit (the bluetooth range could be better). However, as far as I can tell things have deteriorated with regard to the business relationship between Glenn and Convergent and as I understand it based on limited information his next batch of new calls may not be available via Convergent.

As a disclaimer......I don't know the details and I am basing this on limited correspondence so take it with a grain of salt. It's not a big deal either way as I will purchase Glenns' next call set regardless of who sells them.

Last edited:
If anyone comes up with a way to get Glenn's calls with a system that has its own remote I would appreciate a heads up. So many hogs here, so little time to get em!
I do have a FoxPro call but it only has one hog sound on it. Thanks, Bud

Back