What else is new!?

hm1996

Staff member
Who would expect anything more after four years of falsehoods foisted on the public?

‘No Crime There, Period’: Alan Dershowitz Says Trump Phone Call Taken out of Context

By Jack Phillips
January 5, 2021 Updated: January 5, 2021

News outlets took President Donald Trump’s comments to Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensberger out of context during a phone call that was later leaked to the press, said Harvard Law professor emeritus Alan Dershowitz.

“Well, every major media is taking it out of context,” Dershowitz told Just The News, adding that there was no apparent crime being committed on the phone call by the president.

Mainstream outlets initially reported on Trump’s remarks to Raffensberger as an attempt at a shakedown to “find 11,780 votes” in Georgia for the Nov. 3 presidential contest.

But the full transcript of the call showed that Trump asserted that he won the state and asked the election official to probe election irregularities—like he has been doing for weeks.

“He’s not saying I want you to create the vote,” said Dershowitz in the interview. “He’s not saying I want you to manufacture or concoct the votes. He’s saying, and he’s been saying this for months, on Twitter and his statements and his campaign’s, he thinks that people voted for him and those votes weren’t counted. He’s entitled as a citizen, as a candidate, to say, ‘I want you to find those votes, I want you to find the votes that will pass for me and what weren’t counted, I want you to find votes that were cast against me that shouldn’t have been counted—by people who are dead people, who are out of state.”

Trump’s campaign dismissed the allegations that the president was engaging in untoward or criminal activity when he spoke with Raffensberger.

On Monday, Jason Miller, a campaign adviser, said the full recording and transcript showed Trump was “spot-on in his criticisms of the terrible job Raffensperger did.”

According to a transcript of the call, Trump told Raffensperger: “The bottom line is, when you add it all up and then you start adding, you know, 300,000 fake ballots. He also made reference to allegations of election fraud in the state.

“We’re looking into every one of those things that you mentioned,” one official told Trump on the call. “Let me tell you what we are seeing. What we’re seeing is not at all what you’re describing.”

But the call, which drew widespread media attention, was floated as a possible starting point for another House impeachment investigation into Trump.

And in a letter to FBI Director Christopher Wray, Reps. Ted Lieu (D-Calif.) and Kathleen Rice (D-N.Y.) asked the bureau to launch a criminal probe into the call.

“As Members of Congress and former prosecutors, we believe Donald Trump engaged in solicitation of, or conspiracy to commit, a number of election crimes. We ask you to open an immediate criminal investigation into the President,” they wrote earlier this week.

Dershowitz, for his part, said there was no crime committed.

“I’ve been teaching criminal law for over 50 years,” he added. “I went through every word of that transcript, there is no crime there, period.”

Zachary Stieber contributed to this report.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/no-crime-t...ng-2021-01-05-2

Regards,
hm

Agree, nothing new here, anything and everything Trump does is a crime, just ask any Democrat!
AND: for whatever reason, most real crimes that Democrats commit are treated as a non issue and they seem to have political immunity, plus they also know they will be protected by the swamp.

Well they tell me that there are millions of people who everyday wake up and get dressed,ride an elevator several minutes go by the coffee shop,run to a train or bus or walk to a job where they set in front of a screen and compile numbers from numbers to send to someone who looks at the numbers. What for I don't know really because the numbers are always wrong in the final outcome. That's why that last piece won't ever fit no matter what your are working on.
Then they retrace their steps to their den and eat out of a box then watch other people pretend to be someone else for a while on their preferred electronic devise then go to bed. Then they do it again in the same steps next day.
Then they tell me there are millions more who do most of the same steps but they only go to the mail box and back.
Millions who have never seen a real tree that did it on it's own.Never seen a cow and have no idea there are different kinds of cows that live in different places and need different care.
They don't turn to other people to have conversation and make decisions. They don't know how to get information that way they don't really trust other people so they get their information from the net or media. From other people who put it there for them to read, People they don't know.
These people, they tell me live so close together they can't say anything out loud without the neighbors hearing. So they get afraid,or maybe accustomed to not saying much that means anything much.They go about pretending to be who they think the people they ride the elevator with think they are.All just one big mass of people. And they feel sort of safe in that big mass. It's like a flock of chickens. If a hawk gets one the rest just raise all sorts of noise about it but really they are thinking how lucky they are to be part of that big flock. That's why the hawk didn't get them and really that's all that matters.

And they tell me that there is now enough of theses people that with just a little help in the right places they control the elections hence the direction of the country.

Originally Posted By: tnshootistWell they tell me that there are millions of people who everyday wake up and get dressed,ride an elevator several minutes go by the coffee shop,run to a train or bus or walk to a job where they set in front of a screen and compile numbers from numbers to send to someone who looks at the numbers. What for I don't know really because the numbers are always wrong in the final outcome. That's why that last piece won't ever fit no matter what your are working on.
Then they retrace their steps to their den and eat out of a box then watch other people pretend to be someone else for a while on their preferred electronic devise then go to bed. Then they do it again in the same steps next day.
Then they tell me there are millions more who do most of the same steps but they only go to the mail box and back.
Millions who have never seen a real tree that did it on it's own.Never seen a cow and have no idea there are different kinds of cows that live in different places and need different care.
They don't turn to other people to have conversation and make decisions. They don't know how to get information that way they don't really trust other people so they get their information from the net or media. From other people who put it there for them to read, People they don't know.
These people, they tell me live so close together they can't say anything out loud without the neighbors hearing. So they get afraid,or maybe accustomed to not saying much that means anything much.They go about pretending to be who they think the people they ride the elevator with think they are.All just one big mass of people. And they feel sort of safe in that big mass. It's like a flock of chickens. If a hawk gets one the rest just raise all sorts of noise about it but really they are thinking how lucky they are to be part of that big flock. That's why the hawk didn't get them and really that's all that matters.

And they tell me that there is now enough of theses people that with just a little help in the right places they control the elections hence the direction of the country.

that is all so true it's scary.

Originally Posted By: SixsixtyMagsAgree, nothing new here, anything and everything Trump does is a crime, just ask any Democrat!
AND: for whatever reason, most real crimes that Democrats commit are treated as a non issue and they seem to have political immunity, plus they also know they will be protected by the swamp.

This is true also and it's why 2-3 hundred thousand people showed up yesterday in D.C..

Back