Sightmark Wraith Problem/Question

BryanB

Hey all, new to the forum and sorry for the long 1st post.

I just purchased a sightmark wraith 4x32 to try and do some night coyote hunting. Got the time to go the other day finally. Started about 3pm and on the 3rd stand called in a nice one, bout 80 yards out and shot, missed and shot again, Another miss. After the 2nd miss I lost sight of the yote and then the scope went black like it just shut off. Would not turn back on, I didn't hit any buttons at all. Was very disappointed due to it was almost dark and planned to keep hunting. I disconnected my aux battery from Foxoptic, still wouldn't turn on. Replaced the 4 AA batterys and no luck. Kept trying it for about 20 min then decided I was done. Got home 30 min later and tried it shortly after that it came right on with both the aux battery pack and on the AAs. I even put the old AAs back in it and tried it. Came right back on. I thought maybe it got to cold(was bout 20 degrees) ? So I left it outside on the porch for a good 5 hours hooked to the aux pack at 16ish degrees and worked fined. Left it outside again today for atleast 2 hours powered on and shot 35 rounds at targets and never gave a problem. The scope is about 2 weeks old and has a Foxoptic aux battery pack on it. Its mounted on a Savage 110 223 caliber varmint rifle. Before this happened I have put atleast 75 rounds through the gun with this scope just target shooting without a problem. I was hitting a quarter at 100 yards with it constantly before I missed that yote. When I shot it today with same ammo it was bout right on.I will say that was the 1st yote I have ever called in and able to shoot at.. so I was a bit excited 😁. That may have been reason for the miss as well.

Anyone had this happen or have any idea as to what happened? I just hate to go out again for a full day/night and it shut off again.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

Hey Bryan......welcome to PM.

You might have better luck getting info on the Wraith if you try posting in the Night Calling forum. That’s where all the night vision types hang out.

Back