What AR trigger do you like for hunting?

My favorite is the Timney, I have a Larue MBT-2S sitting on the shelf but have yet to try it. I have a Hyperfire Hypertouch Elite in one of my rifles and while it has a lighter pull weight than the Timney it is not as clean and has a little creep.

Myself, I prefer a single stage, as I want a steady pull through. A 2 stage messes with my mind, as I'm feeling for that second stage and it takes me longer to get the shot off on fast moving targets.

I have the JP 3# trigger on both my AR's - very smooth and crisp to my way of thinking.

Some/most people have no trouble with a 2 stage and all I can say is "more power to them".
smile.gif

I really like the Larue MBT2. Once you get yourself used to a two stage it's great. Until then , they suck.

It took me a little time to get used to it.

JARD! Single stage, drop-in, adjustable from 1-3/4# up for $150 you cant beat it. I have a couple of them and some timneys, the jards are better and for less money too.

Originally Posted By: OakhillJARD! Single stage, drop-in, adjustable from 1-3/4# up for $150 you cant beat it. I have a couple of them and some timneys, the jards are better and for less money too.

Oh Great! I spent good money getting a couple good crisp single stage 3# pull trigger kits from JP and now you show me where I can get a 1.5# - 2.0# single stage drop in. A good crisp, single stage, light weight, trigger pull is a must have for some of us and then they also make a drop in for the Ruger 10/22! - down the rabbit money pit hole I go.
crazy.gif

I have never understood what there is to "get used to" on a 2 stage trigger. Its no different than working a pistol trigger off the rest....you pull till you hit the wall, then its like any other trigger.

Originally Posted By: liliysdadI have never understood what there is to "get used to" on a 2 stage trigger. Its no different than working a pistol trigger off the rest....you pull till you hit the wall, then its like any other trigger.

what if you're not "USED TO" working a pistol trigger off the rest?

that probably took a little "getting used to" too didnt it?

Originally Posted By: Plant.OneOriginally Posted By: liliysdadI have never understood what there is to "get used to" on a 2 stage trigger. Its no different than working a pistol trigger off the rest....you pull till you hit the wall, then its like any other trigger.

It's probably about the equivalent of people like my dad who's in his 80's and is used to shooting bolt guns or single action revolvers all his life then letting him shoot my Glock G17. After the very first round he touched off he looked at me and said what the h311 is wrong with the trigger in this thing. I said I told you it's going to be a lot different feel than what you're used to, his reply, yeah well I don't like it and handed it back to me. lol

Originally Posted By: Plant.OneOriginally Posted By: liliysdadI have never understood what there is to "get used to" on a 2 stage trigger. Its no different than working a pistol trigger off the rest....you pull till you hit the wall, then its like any other trigger.

Not at all...triggers aren't a terribly complex mechanism. You pull them til they go bang..and they all pull a little different.

Originally Posted By: liliysdadOriginally Posted By: Plant.OneOriginally Posted By: liliysdadI have never understood what there is to "get used to" on a 2 stage trigger. Its no different than working a pistol trigger off the rest....you pull till you hit the wall, then its like any other trigger.

Not at all...triggers aren't a terribly complex mechanism. You pull them til they go bang..and they all pull a little different.

exceptyou may agree that if one is used to a basic single stage rifle trigger, or striker fired handgun... learning to roll over a revolver trigger to that fine engagement point - much like engaging the 2nd stage in a 2 stage trigger - might admittedly... to the rest of us mere mortals anyway... feel a little strange.

remember - for most of the world, "NORMAL" is just a setting on their dishwasher or washing machine.

I have three lowers with 3# Timney’s. They work great for me. I have another with a Calvin Elite by Timney. This one works fine with my 20 Tac. but is too light for my other uppers. I’m sure it is my fault but I double tap them occasionally. I love the light trigger pull but for safety purposes I had to stop using it on anything other than uppers with very little recoil.

Originally Posted By: vahunterI put a 3 pound Velocity trigger in mine. It's a very good trigger, zero creep excellent for hunting.

^ Looooooove my 3 lb Velocities!

I've been using Timney 3# triggers in my hunting AR's for the past fifteen years. Never a bit of trouble with any of them. Great single stage triggers.

Back