Volume comparisons

CritterGtr

So after searching high and low with little success, there seems to be very little on sound level between X series and even other calls for people that are interested.

I own a Shockwave, nice call but not impressed with its volume. In the house the remote can be on level 18 and it’s like having your tv turned up to not hear the wife. It dosnt start to make you say “ ok that’s loud enough until level 28-30. I feel like that’s not very impressive. I hunt mainly in NV where we can call very long distances. And it is always windy!! So I was going to buy a new call like th x2s or the Xwave, but I can’t get past the Xwaves size and weight. And the X2 I have to figure out how to attach a decoy! That’s such a super bummer.

My main goal here is to get out some real life experience people have that can explain the volume level of these calls as I did with out replying with its LOUD. Remote volume levels you use in the house that give us an idea to compare to our callers. In the field levels in wind and calm days of your caller and thoughts of how far it’s reaching.

I’m personally interested in the X2 and Xwave comparison of volume and X2 decoy innovations you have come up with.

Thanks guys!!

I own a xwave. Its MUCH louder and clearer than the shockwave. I sold my shockwave to get a roughneck. The roughneck is louder and crisper than the shockwave. I like both of the calls, the tx1000 and the roughneck remote are close in size and functionality. The xwave is louder and clearer than the roughneck, but we all know why some guys like 2 calls.

The xwave is not much bigger than the shockwave. Its heavier, but Id assume thats from bigger amps/magnets in the speakers. I dont get tired from carrying the xwave. I can tell a difference when adjusting the foxpitch on the xwave at high volumes. If you spend some time with the call, and play the same sound over and over, with different pitches you will be able to hear the same sound, sound different. Same goes for the gain control on the roughneck.

I dont hunt during the day, so I dont use a decoy.

Hope this helps.

I had a shockwave for eight years, loved it, no complaints. had a chance to sell it for $350 gone. Purchased the x24. Wanted 24 bit play. A friend wanted to compare volume of the x24 to his shockwave. With the x24 on volume 2 we had to have the volume on 9 to have the equal sound. I hope that helps.

Back