shorter suppressor????

Maybe more effective than what you currently own, but always know, when you sacrifice length you also sacrifice internal volume and greatly diminish the suppressors ability to cool gases, eliminating the effectiveness.

Look at the SAS Barricade and the Eadrom.

They do a nice job for hunting and PRS. Skinny is correct on the volume issue. Anytime you cut one down its a sacrifice in decibel reduction. To help with volume those same suppressors can be custom made with larger diameter tubes...

Take a look at the Sportsman Ultralight by Griffin Armament. I just looked at one at my local shop. I believe that it is 11.3 ounces, around $660, and it was not real long.

TC

Originally Posted By: steve garrettwhat about a can that is fatter?

That is an option, I've been trying to get a 6" can made that's got a 2" OD, which essentially makes up the internal volume in diameter when you compromise a longer can. Unfortunately in the US, the standard is 1.5" OD on most suppressors, not really anyone is going away from that.

Originally Posted By: steve garrettwhat about a can that is fatter?

1.75" and 2" diameter titanium absolutely can and has been made from the regular length suppressors, but again its a tradeoff in weight.

The Witt Machine dirty thirty is 4" long, 1 5/8 diameter. No blowback through the charging handle, full auto rated. Haven't tried one but they are interesting.

Originally Posted By: spotstalkshootThe Witt Machine dirty thirty is 4" long, 1 5/8 diameter. No blowback through the charging handle, full auto rated. Haven't tried one but they are interesting.

Don't waste your money, I bought two a year ago. even on a 22 mag you better have plugs in.
They sit on the shelf now.

Originally Posted By: gotspotsOriginally Posted By: spotstalkshootThe Witt Machine dirty thirty is 4" long, 1 5/8 diameter. No blowback through the charging handle, full auto rated. Haven't tried one but they are interesting.

Don't waste your money, I bought two a year ago. even on a 22 mag you better have plugs in.
They sit on the shelf now.

Or this ^

Originally Posted By: mbaysinger89TBAC Dominus. Its shorter than an ultra 7 and supposedly has suppression between an ultra 7 and ultra 9.

Agree 100%. I think this will be the best balance of suppression, weight, and length.
Have yet to see one in the wild though.

If you are shooting a barrel 18 inches + (anything shorter will be LOUD with this can suggestion),and it is a .30 caliber cartridge, the YHM Resonator K is a decent option. If you are shooting a 5.56 and shooting a longer barrel (Preferably 18-20 inches) then the YHM Turbo K is a good option. Both of these suppressors have longer versions( Resonator R2, Turbo T2)as well. I like the K cans for night hunting, but I also think it is important to have longer barrels to get the sound away from you.

Last edited:
Back