Just call me bone head

Dave2

I put the battery in upside down in my SightMark Ultra Shot. Didn't relies it till I turned it on and the smoke came boiling out.

I tried calling SightMark but only get a recording, but wanted to ask if it can be fixed reasonably.

Is it junk??

Sure hope 2021 is a better year!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR to ALL!!!

Maybe apples and oranges but I turn the battery upside down in my Leupold VXR when I'm not using it and get no ill effects. Same in my Burris. I'm not sure why it would smoke your Sightmark but I know little about them as well.

Originally Posted By: pyscodogMaybe apples and oranges but I turn the battery upside down in my Leupold VXR when I'm not using it and get no ill effects. Same in my Burris. I'm not sure why it would smoke your Sightmark but I know little about them as well.

I have done this with different optics as well. No ill effects.

I have a couple things that require correct polarity.
I'm sure you read the directions first, right. I always read them after a problem arises as an oh crap safety net.
A Sniper Hog Light states,
WarningYou must install battery correctly or you could damage the light and battery. If you install the battery incorrectly you will void all warranties.
This can be critical in the dark sitting in a cold snow bank feeling for the positive nipple.

Back