Upgrade caller or???

Joeyg

So I have been using the Cabela series foxpro for the last 10 years or so. I’m not sure what model that is equal to but I am debating buying a new caller. I have a pocket full of scheels gift cards burning a hole in my pocket! I was debating between a foxpro xwave or a LD revolution. I mainly call in Illinois timber and the current fox pro does seem to work. Are these new callers way better then my current one? Or should I just keep the older FP and spend the scratch on other equipment? Thoughts?

Technology has improved for sure,but only YOU can decide.If you are happy with your results do not upgrade,if not upgrade as there are lots of great calls out there.I have Lucky Duck and FOXPRO,prefer my LD.Like the rotation feature.

I think you would really enjoy the upgrade. The LD calls are amazing. Keep the old one as a backup. Gotta love them gift cards!

Personally would prefer the revolt to the revolution. I would rather have the extra tweeter than a camera. But I do love my revolt.

I was in your shoes a few years back. I had a FP fury and had no issues with it and had no problems calling animals. Birthday rolled around and the wife asked whT i wanted. Ended up with a new shockwave and sold my fury.
Hind site, i wish i would have kept my fury. Im to old
or just don't care enough to use all the fancy features and i would have rather had a new scope or gun for what i have into it.
Hindsight is 20/20 you know.

Yeah crapshoot, that’s kinda what I was thinking. I’m calling a few dogs but it would always be better to call in more. That was kinda my question. The only issue I have with the foxpro is that the remote will not reach very far......maybe 50 feet.
I also would like to be able to download my own sounds to my foxpro caller. I used to have an old Johnny stewart call that never called anything EXCEPT for the coyote/raccoon fight. That one call was deadly and I wish I could load it somehow to my foxpro. I know foxpro has similar sounds but they have not seemed to work.

I bought a Shockwave to replace my Fury. I sent the Shockwave back. The Shockwave is too big. The Fury gets the job done.

I think we have reached the point where there is not much left to improve on callers. The extra features on new models aren't needed.

Back