SilencerCo ASR flash hider or muzzle brake

I have a SilencerCo Specwar 7.62 that I should be getting my stamp for soon. I plan to primarily use this suppressor on my Ruger American Ranch rifle in 5.56 nato. Since it is threaded 1/2-28, I am going to need to buy either an ASR flash hider or muzzle brake with the right threads to be able to attach it to my rifle. Which would be the best? The rifle is primarily being used as a calling rifle.

Thanks

Last edited:
If your running the can on it it really doesn't matter. I tend to run more brakes on guns. It acts as a extra set of blast baffles and reduces wear on the baffles as well.

I plan on using this rifle suppressed 95% of the time. I just didnt know if there would be any great advantage to running a brake instead of the flash hider.

I ended up buying flash hider's rather than brakes for the simple reason of when I shoot without my can (which is extremely rare) I don't have my teeth chatter. Shooting with a brake flattens your shot, however it is crazy loud. For that reason, I am a fan of flash hiders.

I have both flash hiders and muzzle brakes on a variety of setups, not a huge difference with the Sico units. There is a company SD tactical that makes other offerings that are ASR compatible.

Back