Bergara bolt. Action rifles

ilmo

I am not familiar with the different models they offer.
I’m interested in accuracy and good value for the $$.
Any of you care to share your experiences and thoughts on these Bergara rifles
What is the difference between the different models?
Thanks

Last edited:
https://www.bergara.online/en/rifles/b14/sporter-rifle/

I have the Bergara B14 sporter varmint bolt action rifle. Caliber 308W. Barrel 24 inches. Twist 1:10. Muzzle diameter 21 mm. Threaded barrel M18x1. It has an excellent quality / price ratio and is very accurate. In February 2019 I went hunting roe deer in Romania. Immense flat land, without trees, without vegetation. There was a lot of constant and annoying wind. I used the wonderful Hornady Superformance Match 178 grs bthp cartridges, which Hornady has unfortunately ceased to produce. They were all very demanding, almost impossible shots, from 400 to 700 yards. The roe deer were nervous, they almost never stood still, I only had a few seconds to aim and shoot. I did some long range shots with the Bergara, which is a great rifle. I am attaching a photo of a roe deer taken with a shot of 450 yards

Last edited:
I have owned a B-14 Ridge in 6.5cm. They are nice rifles and well built. You can buy one new for around $750. The action is reasonably smooth and the price is right. The stock is decent and it is threaded 5/8x24.

My buddy just bought the Bergara Pro and the one thing I like is the action. It is smooooth as butter. That model is right around $1000. The difference is the stock vs. the chassis, the smoothness of the action, and threads. Both the models are threaded but not all models are.

That is as much experience as I have.

TC

I bought a Ridge in 22-250 just to see for myself what they were like based on everything I was reading and hearing about them. Most reports were very flattering toward the Bergara rifles in total.

If they are all like mine, they are well worth the slightly over $725 that I paid for mine. I bought the Ridge model because it is built in the traditional hunting rifle mold, and the action is very smooth, and when coupled with the 1-9" twist threaded barrel it makes for a very functional and accurate hunting rifle.

Correct me if I'm wrong but there are other features in the Pro model bumping the cost up a little. The barrel is stainless and it has a Trigger Tech trigger as well. Just a little more bang for the buck.

I'm referring to the HMR models. I'm not sure about the other models.

Last edited:
A friend of the tld forum told me that the son of the owner of the Bergara firm worked in Kelbly. He evidently transferred the experience gained in Kelbly to Bergara. So here is perhaps an explanation of the excellent quality of Bergara rifles ....

You have 3 lines. The standard B14 is the lower end. Then you have the Wilderness series which is close to the standard B14 and build basically the same but has some handpainted stocks and cerakoted metal. The Pro or Premier series are their top of the line models and feature semi-custom 416 stainless barreled actions.

For shear value, the B14 line is quite good.
B14 Hunter - Green stock/standard sporter barrel. Standard hunting rifle
B14 Ridge - Same sporter stock as Hunter in gray but heavy taper barrel
B14 Woodsman - American cut walnut stock and blued sporter barrel
B14 Timber - Monte Carlo walnut stock and blued barrel
B14 HMR - Same barreled action as Ridge but has a more tactical looking stock. Adjustable, similar to a McMillan A5 in looks and adjustability.

I know a few guys running the standard HMR and they shoot well. If you want a heavier stock and barrel that will be good for varmints. If a deer rifle with occasional coyote is all you're after, the Ridge or the Hunter will serve you well.

Have to say I am a fan. Currently have 3 of the HMR’s an 1 Ridge that was promptly taken from me by my wife. Other than the HMR’s being a little heavy, I think for what is offered they are a helluva bargain. All have very nice trigger right out of the box, but not sure on the pull weight, but it sure isn’t to much. We have the HMR’s in 22/250, 6.5 CM and 6.5 PRC . The Ridge is also a 6.5CM. Easy to find a accurate load for but not played with the 6.5PRC much, still searching for a couple components to start load work up. Give one a try and I bet you are pretty happy with it and th e accuracy.

We have the HMR in 6mm Creed and HMR Pro in 6.5 Creed. Both sub (consistently) moa

I posted pics in the photo gallery of the groups and a quick search will turn up my threads.

Last edited:
You can’t go wrong with the Bergara. Good quality and accuracy for the price. My first was the ridge rifle sp in 6.5 creed. Very nice gun and shoots really well. I like it a lot and bought another ridge rifle in 22-250. Plus now that I’ve joined the suppressor world it’s nice having the threaded barrels. You can’t go wrong.

Best place with the best price on Bergara that I can find.
https://tsswarehouse.com/?s=Bergara+b14+ridge+rifle&post_type=product

Originally Posted By: Ernest49https://www.bergara.online/en/rifles/b14/sporter-rifle/

I have the Bergara B14 sporter varmint bolt action rifle. Caliber 308W. Barrel 24 inches. Twist 1:10. Muzzle diameter 21 mm. Threaded barrel M18x1. It has an excellent quality / price ratio and is very accurate. In February 2019 I went hunting roe deer in Romania. Immense flat land, without trees, without vegetation. There was a lot of constant and annoying wind. I used the wonderful Hornady Superformance Match 178 grs bthp cartridges, which Hornady has unfortunately ceased to produce. They were all very demanding, almost impossible shots, from 400 to 700 yards. The roe deer were nervous, they almost never stood still, I only had a few seconds to aim and shoot. I did some long range shots with the Bergara, which is a great rifle. I am attaching a photo of a roe deer taken with a shot of 450 yards

That doesn't look like very fun country to hunt

Of course it cannot be compared to your wonderful hunting trails. But those immense flat expanses, without houses, without trees, without rivers, without landmarks .... have a particular charm. Sometimes you turn around 360 degrees and it seems to be isolated immersed in .... nothing! I like it a lot, because you breathe clean air, it gives you a feeling of loneliness and freedom and it causes you mixed emotions that I can't describe to you. You have to be "immersed" in that landscape to try them .....

http://www.predatormastersforums.com/for...746#Post3261746

Perhaps in this post you can see, in part, my Mitsubishi Pajero 3.2 did. I went with this off-road vehicle to Romania after about 9.5 hours of travel (including 2 short stops). The hunting post is 605 miles from my home. I went through Slovenia and Hungary. To move around that immense countryside I used my Pajero or the Romanian gamekeeper's Mitsubishi pick-up.

Where I go hunting there are large areas of intensive cultivation of wheat, corn, barley, oats, canola, soy, alfalfa, clover

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Ernest49Where I go hunting there are large areas of intensive cultivation of wheat, corn, barley, oats, canola, soy, alfalfa, clover Wow! Is the land family-owned or by large companies? Don't mean to hi-jack the thread but I'm somewhat surprised to hear of that in Europe. Though farms have gotten much bigger in North America as well.

The owners of the land are, for the most part, large German, Italian companies and it seems to me that there is also a small minority of Americans who have made investments in agricultural land in Romania.

Back