I need an arca type mount for my tripod

kooman

I am getting a pig saddle and my tripod has the arca Swiss type mount, I need an adapter to mount on my pig saddle that hooks to the arca clamp. I have looked around and all I am finding are the camera type mounts with the singe 1/4” bolt mount, I want to make sure I get a strong enough mount for my saddle, any suggestions? Thanks

In my experience about all you will find is a single 1/4 screw on most Arca Swiss plates. What I did was use that screw and then drilled a 5/32 hole through the plate and Pig Saddle and I installed a 1/8 screw with a lock nut. That prevented the Pig Saddle from twisting on the mounting plate and made it very solid. I went to direct mount after that and sold the Pig Saddle but that modification worked.

The single 1/4-20 is more than fine, but I will echo what the poster above said. Skip the saddle and go direct mount. Its better in every single, possible, conceivable way.

I do have the direct mount for my rifles with rails but I wanted a saddle as well for my bolt guns. Thanks for the help, much appreciated

Originally Posted By: koomanI do have the direct mount for my rifles with rails but I wanted a saddle as well for my bolt guns. Thanks for the help, much appreciated

Direct mount works just as good on boltguns...maybe even better.

Originally Posted By: koomanWhat system are you using for a direct mount without modifying your stock?

Without modifying? Nothing, but I am not averse to drilling holes in things that need holes drilled in them.

On my 243AI with the Grayboe Renegaed, I drilled, countersunk, and epoxied two threaded inserts in the barrel channel. It currently has a cheap 6" Chinesium arca plate on it.

On my .22 Creedmoor, it has an AG Composite Alpine Hunter that is predrilled for a direct mount from Blackline Precision. They make great stuff, and are awesome to deal with.

On the .308 I am currently building, again on an AG Alpin Hunter stock, I will will be drilling and tapping it for a Titanium arca plate I bought from Ken Trapp at Salmon River Solutions. Another great piece of gear. I will be ordering another of these for my little CZ, and mounting it like I did with on the Grayboe.

I have a rifle clamp, and the direct mount is just better.

I saw on another forum that a guy toke a piece off a weaver scope base. Cut what he needed then drill a hole to mount the base on the underside of his stock. Also Inletting the stock on the inside to J B Weld the nut solid. Sounds like a pretty cheap fix to get your arca plate mounted to your favorite bolt gun! No I haven’t done this yet to mine!!! LOL

I use this.
AWYZVXM.png

Back