Greenhorn Question

Coyote#1

Can anyone tell me if these are hog tracks? I can tell the one track is deer, but was wondering about the others.
Don't have many hogs around here! and I have zero experience at hunting them! but between last yr & this one, I can tell they are around my property in early fall & again right before spring.. My brother inlaw has been getting a few on his trail cam just a few miles down the rd as well.. Are these likely the same hogs?

ME12QAKZ_t.jpg
[/url][/img]

ME12QAL0_t.jpg
[/url][/img]

hog tracks are rounded. If you think there might be hogs, put a camera on some corn. If you don't get hogs pictures in a week, there are not any around.

Yea, camera's busted.. gonna have to get a new one after Christmas (got 7 grand kids so $$) Last spring I found a place on a pine ridge at the back of my property that was rooted up pretty bad.. Seen the same tracks in it..
For whatever reason, they are not staying in the area, but it appears they are showing up somewhat seasonal..

Kinda hard to tell from the pics but almost looks like a big doe track. You might look at the trees and see if they are rubbing. They will have mug on them. Look for a wallow. They like that as well. Corn and a trail camera is your best bet though.

Back