vortex warranty ?

Rhett Steele

Has anyone dealt with vortex on a bum scope? if so how long did it take?

The scope that has crapped out on me is a diamondback 4x12. Cost me another coyote, I was thinking I suck until I put it on paper.

Several years ago I did. It was about a 2 week turnaround from the time it left my house till the replacement arrived.

As soon as I had the RA ( return authorization ) number from Vortex which was fast I sent scope in , as soon as they received it new one was in the mail. If your in desperate need of it spend extra money for expedited shipping.

Their turn around time was fast from them but I also had another to use in the wait time ! I would give them an A+ for service for me !

Turn around time is usually quick. If they will fix it or not is another question. Unless its obviously broken they usually just say you over torqued the rings and send it back. Gets expensive shipping stuff back with insurance multiple times and never getting it fixed.

Originally Posted By: IdahoSawtoothTurn around time is usually quick. If they will fix it or not is another question. Unless its obviously broken they usually just say you over torqued the rings and send it back. Gets expensive shipping stuff back with insurance multiple times and never getting it fixed.

If they believe it was simply mounted incorrectly, they wont fix it. Not because the warranty doesnt cover it but because over torqueing rings can hinder the erector tube inside the scope but not necessarily damage anything. A good explaination of your issues over the phone would save the trouble and determine the actual problem. Rest assured, if there is a legitimate issue, they fix it. I sent a Gen II viper in that had a spec on the inside of one of the lenses and they fixed it and paid the shipping both ways. Tracking issues are fixed although Ive only ever seen one not track correctly and ive mounted hundreds of them, probably more.

PST 6-24 that wont track called and talked to the tech for half hour told him what it was doing and sent pictures of the target.
Shoot a group dial it up 20 moa shoot a group dial it back down zero shifts left or right 2-3".
Sent it in three times was told it was over torqued every time. I torqued it to 18" lbs just like its supposed to be checked it with 3 different torque wrenches. Rings lapped to make sure its not on a bind.
I asked them to shoot it like I described the last time it came back they sent a target that had one group they never dialed it and said it worked fine.
Now it sits on the shelf collecting dust. Don't want to sell it and give somebody else a headache.
I have 3 other vortex and only had a problem with one other, shifting zero with out dialing on two diffrent rifles. Been slowly switching over to Leupold haven't had a problem with any, now have 4, and from what I hear when you do it gets fixed.

Originally Posted By: IdahoSawtoothPST 6-24 that wont track called and talked to the tech for half hour told him what it was doing and sent pictures of the target.

Now it sits on the shelf collecting dust. Don't want to sell it and give somebody else a headache.

I will give you $50 for it. I understand what I am buying and that gets it off your shelf.

Would work fine for someone who doesn't dial. But what good is a 6-24 power scope that you can't dial.
I'll let you know if your little bidding war comes up with a number that makes it worth a trip to the post office.

Funny how the vortex fanclub brags about the warranty and for some reason a lot of them need it!!!! So many issues from so many people is exactly why I am afraid to try one.

Originally Posted By: Kino MFunny how the vortex fanclub brags about the warranty and for some reason a lot of them need it!!!! So many issues from so many people is exactly why I am afraid to try one.

Sometimes I wonder how many of them claiming to have all the problems actually owned one. I have at least 12 vortex scopes and never had one fail me. There are a lot of people at the range I work at that own them and no failures.

I had one that the windage turret was labeled backwards but still worked. Had one scope level fail. They were very professional about it and sent me a new turret and level.

In the last year I have seen posts in several places about problems with Leupold scopes also.

Originally Posted By: Kino MFunny how the vortex fanclub brags about the warranty and for some reason a lot of them need it!!!! So many issues from so many people is exactly why I am afraid to try one.

After a couple of unsatisfactory experiences with Vortex, I no longer buy their products because I think there are higher quality products for better prices. After my experiences their warranty is no longer a selling point.

I got the scope back on Friday, it was repaired, haven't mounted it yet to see if its fixed. I'll always have my doubts now, gonna have to build confidence in scope.

Back