Covid Shot

Originally Posted By: tripod3I wish they would show someone getting the shot on tv )))))

I saw a video yesterday of a head ER nurse a few minutes after she took the shot. She was giving an interview on how safe and effective the shot is. All of a sudden she passed out while talking. Nope not for me.

Originally Posted By: jumprightinitI just saw one on TV given with a empty syringe.

Very doubtful. You don't inject air into the human body. But its your story, believe what you want. I'll take the vaccine if there's a chance it will keep me safe from the non-believers.

Originally Posted By: pyscodogOriginally Posted By: jumprightinitI just saw one on TV given with a empty syringe.

Very doubtful. You don't inject air into the human body. But its your story, believe what you want. I'll take the vaccine if there's a chance it will keep me safe from the non-believers.

Im not a non-believer. I'd just rather take my chances with the virus than the vaccine. That is until there has been further extensive testing/trials/use.

Originally Posted By: SlickerThanSnotgive it to mikey. mikey will try anything.

all the young whipper snappers are going, huh? who is mikey?

Last edited:
The green link has a story that says it was a mistake!
blushing.gif

Reagrds,
hm

I’ll probably get it, maybe next Summer timeframe. By then any bugs may be known, maybe. Don’t know yet if work will require it, I’m down the list.

Yes I had Covid, mid Oct. of the family I was the worst, 50’s, decent shape, no underlying conditions. It was like a sorta bad flu, 2 weeks worth, then slow recovery. Yes we stayed home, no we never got tested, had the ‘classic’ symptoms. A positive test triggers a few things I don’t care for, and does NOTHING towards recovery.

My recovery screwed up some hunting. I feel like I’m good now going out a few months.

I will at some point but I'm in no hurry. Not that I'd be in the first tier in any case. By the time I'll be able to get it, many many millions of other people will have gotten it & we'll have had some time to discover what other surprises pop up, like the allergic reactions some have had.

And not just here, but in many other countries as well.

Originally Posted By: muskrat30
Yes I had Covid,

and

A positive test triggers a few things I don’t care for, and does NOTHING towards recovery.

great to hear you are doing well now.

i am not understanding the part about the test triggering a few things. what could/does the test trigger?

and since you have had covid are you not now like very unlikely to get it again? pretty much immune to it? in a perfect world of course.

I will get the shot, per PCP directive.
Just read the phasing of who gets it when - looks like phase 1C for me.
1A are getting it now, 1B are the remaining front liners, including teachers, grocery clerks, etc.

Just left Dr's office and asked his advice on the vaccine, as I had a pretty severe reaction to a flu shot about 10 years ago. Broke out in a rash from head to toe that lasted 6 months. The next year was tested w/flu vaccine and broke out so Dr. said no more flu shots.

This year, I took a chance and took the flu shot w/no adverse reactions.

Dr. said that if he were me, he would show up when my # comes up but be sure to advise of my previous reaction, as they would probably want to observe for any after effects.

As of yesterday they were reporting only 6 severe reactions which would be about 1:100,000 injections. Pretty good odds
IMO.

ETA: He said no schedules are published but guessed that it would be Feb. to March before >84 YO would come up.

Good luck to all, stay healthy and have a blessed Christmas!

Regards,
hm

Last edited:
i got my antibodies the old fashioned way - i grew them myself during my covid recovery.

so the whole vaccination is a moot point for me.

however - i probably wouldnt have gotten it in the first place (i'm not high risk). i dont even do the flu shot, i leave those for those who need them due to other risk factors.

Originally Posted By: pyscodogOriginally Posted By: jumprightinitI just saw one on TV given with a empty syringe.

The news clip didn't show them injecting air, the nurse just faked depressing the syringe.

Originally Posted By: jumprightinit

The news clip didn't show them injecting air, the nurse just faked depressing the syringe.

purely speculation - makes you wonder if it was a "take 2" because someone behind the camera didnt get the footage they wanted and hoped they could just "hey we need that b-roll, there was a technical thing, can you just do a redo and act like you're giving the shot for us real quick"

just a basic Occam's razor situation... simplest explanation is probably the most likely and all that

Back