The COVID got me

Plant.One

ugh. what a week. well week and then some.

so i'll start at now and work backwards - i'm home from the hospital and just get to recover from the Viral Pneumonia version of Covid-19 that put me there. So things are looking up. yay
smile.gif

..... flashback...

Started feeling a little run down around the 3rd or so after several very hectic weeks of work post deer season and thanksgiving the days following. had a mild intermittent cough, but nothing you'd even think about - usuallly more when i'd get into some dusty crap or something.

By friday the 4th i was just wore out - but it had been two swamped weeks of heavy lifting (literally) and just figured i needed a break. Friday coughed up a few (tiny) flecks of blood, but that went away overnight when i turned on the humidifier. like overnight gone. typical early winter stuff.

Saturday evening the liquid brown eye hit for my birthday and i was doing everything i could to keep any liquid in me for more than about 15-20 mins. Went away after 24 ish hours, so just chalked it up as stomach flu doing to being exhausted. Its December - nobody gets the stomach flu in December eh?

by Tuesday morning - i'm hocking up raspberries. not a ton of them, but there's more red there than anything. google says possible bronchitis (but i have no real congestion - as an ex smoker i KNOW what bronch feels like) or bacterial pneumonia (not even mentioning covid). Decide that Wednesday i need to see the doc to see whats going on.

Go in, tell em what's going on, doc listens to me, says ya you sound raw, lets check an x-ray. Yup - you're all inflamed. Want a covid test? Sure why not, lets eliminate it or not. They had one of the rapid ones that still tickles your eyeballs thru your sinuses. sign me up doc, lets do it.

20 mins later they're checking my blood oxygen levels, and have me hooked up to a bottle like you'd see a old lady at the bingo hall smoking while breathing from and telling me i get to go visit the hospital for a day or so.

"no sir i'm sorry, you cant drive your truck home"
"wait what?"
"yea you need to check in like... in the next hour. you can call someone to give you a ride there to save $ on the bambulance" "Your truck can stay in the lot" "only until i can get someone here to get it out of the lot before someone steals all my f'ing tools!"

5 days later, more blood work than i wanna think about, getting woke up at all hours of the night to get poked, prodded, bp checked, oxygen checked, pulse checked (arent i on an EKG monitor?), take these pills now, here's your Remdisivir IV, IV steroids and enough vitamins to make my dad's dr's pill writing look weak.... i finally get discharged.

I'm still quarantined until at least the 21st, and wont be back to 100% capacity for who knows how long as my lungs recover from this pneumonia crap, but its at least nice to be able to take a shower (which apparently is a no-no when they have you on an EKG machine?) and sleep in my own freaking bed.

and i'm still breathing through an oxygen tube for the foreseeable short term (which they cant again tell me how long)

what a freaking nightmare

as a parting laugh from the hospital yesterday afternoon.... the nurse asks me how i feel about taking the upcoming vaccine? i had to laugh and not make fun of him as i explained i would refuse to take the vaccine since i just earned my antibodies the old fashioned way. i know he was just trying to make small talk but come on man... buy a clue lol

thankfully he realized how silly he just looked and got a chuckle too... but yea.. lol

Sorry to hear of your misfortune. Hope you have a full and fast recovery.

It's made the rounds in my cousins house, a couple friends, and now my daughter has it (she works in an ambulance). So far none have had any complications. Most say they had little to no symptoms.

Sounds like major suckage.

My sister & her husband both had it last spring. She has an auto-immune disorder & it was bad, but she recovered. She's not assuming immunity & doesn't let anyone near her if they haven't been recently tested negative.

Glad you're on the rebound.

Sadly our son doesn't even believe it's a real virus. I'm actually glad he can't make it down for christmas this year as he takes zero precautions & we don't want to get it.

Just read your post, Plant. Glad you're feeling better, prayers for a full & speedy recovery.

Regards,
Clarence

Back