FOXPRO vs LUCKY DUCK

The real Worlds doesent exist anymore. 2018 was the last year that the worlds was relevant. In 2019 a large portion of the serious competitors did not compete because of rules. Never heard of nationals. And Nevada state has only been won with a LD once as far as I’m aware. I guess I’m out of the loop on some of the western contests. I guess you might be right out there but out here in the east, a lucky duck has never won a major contest that I know of. The Eastern for example has never had a lucky duck even top 3. The Carolina classics. The Georgia hunts MD/PA championships....none have been won by a LD. Now I’m not saying none of those were won with LD sounds on another unit but not with the call. I guess different regions of the country have their own preferences.

For the money you can't beat the features of the lucky duck revolt. Everyone praises foxpros for their warranty but I've had my revolt for 3 years now with no issues. I'd rather have a well made call then one with a great warranty. I've ran a few foxpros icotecs flextone and kanatitek but I've stuck with the lucky duck

Ive had a CS24 for close to 10 years and made 1000s of stands with it. Never been in the shop. EVERY caller will fail eventually. You WILL need service at some point. Either that or just throw it away and buy another one. Its nice to have the option to get one repaired.

I have the [beeep] edition foxpro x24, and I love it. My hunting partner has the LD roughneck, great call also. Having quality sounds different from everyone else has been key to our success. U can't go wrong with either in my opinion. Volume in both is outstanding. Good shopping

For most of the 20 years that I have been calling I have used mostly Foxpro. Although a Johnny Stewart was my first ecall. JS High Pitched Cottontail is still one of my favorite sounds. Recently I have thought of trying something other than Foxpro, simply because they have been so popular and so many people run them. Might be good to have something that less people use when you hunt pressured areas.

The new XHD Speakers in the X series of callers from FOXPRO is the finest electronic callers to ever be made anywhere, but these are made right here in the USA not CHINA like all the rest. That said the X24 playing 24 bit sounds out of it are nothing short of amazing..the X2S plays sounds in 16 bit, will play 2 sounds at once and will play bluetooth via your phone. The X Wave is a double dose of the best speakers to ever hang on the front of a caller and you wont ever get any better. With the largest library available, best customer service and the only ones made in America by hard working Americans its really the best choice. And just because the so called Worlds are still going on, the best callers I know wont hunt it and in the last two years those top two teams never ever beat us not once...worlds are a joke anymore, the ld guys can hold hands it still doesnt mean they are better.

Last edited:
I can't comment on the Lucky Duck. My Foxpro is an original release CS24. It's been repaired two times. Once under warranty and once on my dime for remote issues. It was like $70.00 to fix it if I remember correctly. It's semi old, like the guy who owns it. I have no complaints at all. It still runs and calls in them 'yotes.

al morris what put a bad taste in your mouth about the worlds? what happened there?

edit to add... several guys/teams had beefs with the worlds. what were the problems.

Last edited:
I have Foxpro and Lucky Duck along with an old Johnny Stewart as well as assorted mouth calls,they will all call coyotes and cats.In my opinion if there was 1 THE BEST there would only be 1 company still in business.In certain situations 1 call may be better than the other that day and may be a 180 turnaround the next.Just go calling and have the time of your life,you can never have too many different sounds as they will all work sometime somewhere.Just my 2 cents worth which is probably not really worth 2 cents.Any call looks good setting with a critter you called in and killed with it.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: reaper4Anyone saying the lucky duck is louder, is mistaken. The xwave, X2S, x24, Krakatoa, and more are all louder than any lucky duck. Lucky duck sound library is really killer but with fox pros new vocals release and the huge library, it’s not a selling point anymore for a lot of people. I have played with and currently own a few of the new FP calls but still grab my CS24 a lot. I’m sure I sound like a broken record here but look at every contest in the US and who wins them. Now look at what calls they are running. It’s not a coincidence.

Sounds like a valid point but I would want to see how many Fps vs Lds are in the field. I mean FP e callers shave been the top dog for years, I would imagine there are WAY more of them in service. I know the players that have both, some lean FP some lean LD. But with LD its basically the revolt, and now the roughneck. Seems many more options in the FP product list, which could also contribute to more wins.. I would speculate its more the hunter than it is the caller as far as killing coyotes. 2 cents added. Thank you.

Originally Posted By: TjkillerOriginally Posted By: reaper4Anyone saying the lucky duck is louder, is mistaken. The xwave, X2S, x24, Krakatoa, and more are all louder than any lucky duck. Lucky duck sound library is really killer but with fox pros new vocals release and the huge library, it’s not a selling point anymore for a lot of people. I have played with and currently own a few of the new FP calls but still grab my CS24 a lot. I’m sure I sound like a broken record here but look at every contest in the US and who wins them. Now look at what calls they are running. It’s not a coincidence.

I would speculate its more the hunter than it is the caller as far as killing coyotes. 2 cents added. Thank you.

Agreed considering Big Al was working for HS at the time he won at least one if not 2 of his worlds titles.

Back