Increasing TX1000 remote range

Never had a problem with mine. Only hack that i know of is to make sure the call is elevated, line of sight, and point your remote upward not directly at the call.

I would be contacting foxpro if it were my call.

IME (CS24C, Krakatoa and Shockwave) that's all your going to get if it's not in their terms "line of sight" take that very literal, make certain there is not even light grass or anything obstructing your view of the call. Elevating it will help but I wouldn't ever expect much more than 50 yards or you might find yourself doing the walk of shame back out to bring the call closer. Been there done that! Good luck

i have owned a lot of foxpro callers over the years. the first ones i owned were as you are describing. the remote distance sucked bad. there was a time i swore i would never own another one for that very reason.

then fp came out with the remotes that had tss or something like that, and at least in my case, the tx1000 remote with the fusion caller fixed all that. it has great range and has dependable hook up with the caller.

something is wrong with yours.

Originally Posted By: P&YIME (CS24C, Krakatoa and Shockwave) that's all your going to get if it's not in their terms "line of sight" take that very literal, make certain there is not even light grass or anything obstructing your view of the call. Elevating it will help but I wouldn't ever expect much more than 50 yards or you might find yourself doing the walk of shame back out to bring the call closer. Been there done that! Good luck
My shockwave has not had any issues.

Many Foxpro calls with this remote have been set out in front of this guy......
Fortunately I have never had an issue and have always bragged on the range.

I have never even worried about line of sight. There are times that I have placed the call in the sagebrush and returned to my stand and forget where the call is, only to orient to it by the sound being played.
Just my experiences. I would at a minimum contact Foxpro for guidance.

My Shockwave will go over 300 yards. Even my CS 24 with the TX 500 will. Make sure you have the antenna on the remote straight up. Do not point it flat

Last edited:
Over 300 yards of range!!

Ironically, I walked my Krakatoa out into an open field 80 steps on my final stand last night (I count steps in the dark to help with range estimation). Got back to my shooting position and the remote wouldn't reach, walked the call in 30 steps and it worked. With the extreme differences in experiences I suspect quality control issues.

I did have my call rigged up with a small tripod previously that really helped. Might be an option vs sending it back during primetime.

My 2 tx1000 remotes with cs24c have good reach 100+ yds. I had a wildfire and what a piece of junk that was. Line of sight 6 yds. Here’s is my hack to fix that problem:
Wildfire unit opened up and cut the end of the antenna wire that is internal. I added about 6-10 feet of wire and wire nutted to the antenna. It’s all regular 16 gauge wire. Folded everything back up into the handle and screwed it back together.
This is the same principle as cb antenna with a booster coil.
Test:
The wildfire was able to reach around 80 yds. Going from 6 to 80 yds I considered It a success.
I sold the wildfire and bought 2- cs24c with tx1000 and never looked back or had issues.

I have never even worried about line of sight. There are times that I have placed the call in the sagebrush and returned to my stand and forget where the call is, only to orient to it by the sound being played.
Just my experiences. I would at a minimum contact Foxpro for guidance.

My experience is the same as No Off Season.

My experience with my CS24C and the TX1000 remote is pretty much the same as P&Y's. 50 yds would be a stretch with mine unless it was elevated. I never try it past 30 yds or so. I got tired of walking out to the call and bringing it in closer because it would not respond.
One of the fields that I hunt in has a cell tower in it and the call won't respond to the remote past maybe 25 yds or so, sometimes not that far.

Back