Rangefinder ?

seasley

What rangefinder would you purchase? Brand, model number, make

I’m not a 1000 yard shooter if that helps

Last edited:
Leica - any model, as they don't make a bad/poor rangefinder. They seldom go bad, so if money is tight, look to purchase used.

I confirm Leica forever. I have had Leica crf 1600, 2000, 2400, all excellent. I easily sold the previous model to buy the next one. I am now awaiting the Leica end-of-season hunting promotional discount to purchase the latest 3500.com model, featuring a new ultra-precise 3R technology laser for reliable, high-power performance up to 3500 yards. I certainly don't need to telemetry up to 3500 yards hunting, but it's interesting to be able to measure distances in the vast and endless hunting plains in Romania.

Last edited:
I have a Lecia 1600B that I have been using basically since they came out, I would buy the same thing again.

I've had pretty good luck with a Sportsman's Warehouse special Vortex. I think it's the Ranger 1,000, and it'll hit rocks at up to 1,200-1,300 yards, trees at 800-900 yards, and critters nearly that far (if they're big enough). It's been going strong for three years now, with no apparent degradation in performance. For the price, I'm not going to complain!

Wow, I'm definitely in the cheap seats. My Bushnell Prime 1300 hasn't led me astray yet. It's been backed up by a Leupold ??? model. Looking through both this deer season I couldn't see any difference other than the fact that mine was more clear.

I have a sig kilo 1800BDX. only used it for 2 years but no issues so far. I got it from midway USA. It was in the blemish section for half off and the package was still sealed and everything was in it. I can’t find anything that is wrong with it.

Originally Posted By: seasleyOrdered a Leica 2800 from camara land. Thanks for the help

You did well, pilgrim. Congratulations.

I had a Leica 1000 for years. It quit and I sent it in for a quote. They sent me a new CRF1600 free of charge. That's pretty good customer support!

Originally Posted By: BoomstickUsing a Sig Kilo2000 Like it, no complaints.

I run the same and it is scary fast and accurate! If you don’t plan to shoot that far consider a vortex one with that lifetime warranty they will get you a new one should the one you buy ever go out. So if they get discontinued and they can’t fix it I assume you get the replacing model so newer and more bells and whistles.

I really like the options Vortex gives in their line. I own a Ranger 1800 and have complaints. The Impact 1000 model is good, I believe it will still do angle compensation but is not illuminated. It will do everything you need it too and do it well for $200. The Ranger series is illuminated and has standard and angle modes. They run $250-$350 I believe. Stay away from Halo rangefinders, they are hot garbage. I had a bushnell and upgraded. It was actually pretty good for the price point but it was an older model when they still made decent stuff. Nowadays though, technology has caught up, bringing prices down. $200 goes a long way for a good rangefinder.

Back