Left handed AR parts.

12Ring

Hello, a buddy is a lefty and he wants to build a left handed AR. Other than the mag dump button on a lower, is anything different? Can the safety be switched to the left handed shooter side? Could we get away with using a normal lower and only buy a left handed upper and left handle bolt carrier group? Thanks.

I don't have one, but the lower would be the same either way. Ambidextrous safety, lefty upper and bcg.

As a lefty that shoot a lot of ar's for hunting, I prefer to get normal right handed ar's. As long as they have the brass deflector they work great. I always put in a ambidexterous safety though. I have no problems using the other stuff while holding the grip in my left hand and use my right hand to operate everything. I also like the normal right handed ar's because I get bored and decide to build another one and sell the previous one fairly often.

Good luck, hope that helps.

I also prefer normal (righty) receiver setups, and kit up the lower with an ambi safety, mag release, dual pull charging handle such as a Raptor and bolt catch with a fatter paddle on the engage.

All my lowers are setup this way, and prefer just a normal upper vs hunting down a special lefty bcg and such. Ejection right is a non issue for me personally.

Quite a few lefties on here. I also use right handed ARs but I started getting the side charging versions because rear charging kinda sucks. The side charger (right side) make it easier to run an AR..... for me. With an adjustable gas block you can dictate where the brass ejects.

Buying a left hand specific AR is risky on resale.

Back