Super Hogster question with issue

nortac

Hey everyone. I have a Super Hogster I've been using for a couple of months now and am purchasing a Hogster 35 as a scanner/backup.

I have finally come across an issue that I'm curious if anyone else has encountered. I have been using the green dot for a while but decided to go back to black on white hot and white on black hot. The center reticle and the PIP reticle show up as opposites. So using one of the reticles with a black center on hot white you would think the PIP reticle would be in black. Mine is in white. Makes the PIP useless while using a white or black reticle. Works fine in Green or Red. I talked to Boris at Bering about it and he thought it might be a software glitch and asked me to do a factory default. I did that and it didn't work so I will have to send it in for repair. Funny thing is the factory default did not change my zero for G1. Scope was still dead nuts at the 150yd zero.

It's not the end of the world or will adversely effect my hunting but the down time on the return will. I will probably have to wait until the first of the year or even spring time.

I'm just curious if anyone else has experienced this or might know of an easy fix?

Originally Posted By: nortacHey everyone. I have a Super Hogster I've been using for a couple of months now and am purchasing a Hogster 35 as a scanner/backup.

I have finally come across an issue that I'm curious if anyone else has encountered. I have been using the green dot for a while but decided to go back to black on white hot and white on black hot. The center reticle and the PIP reticle show up as opposites. So using one of the reticles with a black center on hot white you would think the PIP reticle would be in black. Mine is in white. Makes the PIP useless while using a white or black reticle. Works fine in Green or Red. I talked to Boris at Bering about it and he thought it might be a software glitch and asked me to do a factory default. I did that and it didn't work so I will have to send it in for repair. Funny thing is the factory default did not change my zero for G1. Scope was still dead nuts at the 150yd zero.

It's not the end of the world or will adversely effect my hunting but the down time on the return will. I will probably have to wait until the first of the year or even spring time.

I'm just curious if anyone else has experienced this or might know of an easy fix? There is nothing wrong with your scope, this is the way it was programmed. It surprises me Boris didn't remember as he is on top of things.

Bering made a choice to change the PIP for the Super Hogter and for the most part, I like it. They use a small cross style reticle vs an enlarged version of the reticle in the main window which allows for more precision. So, when you choose black, the PIP small cross reticle is black. The reticle on the main window is black with a white center. I agree they should match, but it was programmed this way, as the black with white center and white with black center is a reticle carry over from the standard Hogsters.

Use Red or Green and the issue goes away.

Got ya. Seems to me it should be programmed correctly to reflect the use of white and black in coordination with the PIP. One correction would to be able to make it an option to have the white/black or black/white reticle as a solid white or black reticle. You cannot use the PIP with the main reticle white or black on white or black hot. I understand, red and green work fine but the point is so should black and white. It's just problematic if you want to use the PIP function with standard black and white. I will keep it on green for now. Maybe an update will come in later for it. I will try to reach out to Boris next week and ask more about it.

Thanks Korey!

Back