Weaver scopes

Depends on which scope & who you ask! I like the Classic line & have never had a problem with them..
Last scope I bought from weaver was a 6.5-20 40/44 model It was OK as well.. Never really put it thru much recoil though! as it was mount on a 17 hornet..

I have the 6.5-20 40/44 also and it is a decent scope I have it on a HB 6.5 Grendle now. I have a couple of the V-3's on rifles and they have been trouble free. I bought a Kaspa 1-4x24 on a whim to see how an under $100 scope would fair coyote hunting, as far as glass goes it was pretty surprisingly good, better than K series Weavers. While large it has worked well.

Weaver Kaspa 1-4x24 on a Win Model 70 222 Rem
X5aAGk.jpg

I still have a old Weaver K-1.5 (1.5x duplex) on my big game drilling(JP Sauer 16ga/16ga/7x57R) as you can see by the 100yd group it works well also.

E8VvYt.jpg

Last edited:
Alot of the older Weavers was scope of choice for the BR crowd but that was many years ago. I run a V6-24 Classic on my Swift and have zero issues with it. Like was said, its probably going to depend on the model you choose. They been around forever!

We ran the T-6's in hunter benchrest - they normally came in a 5.5 to 5.8 powder, so we sent them to Bill Ackerman and he would boost them to 6X on the nose and would put in a BR crosshair or dot if that was what you wanted. Only problem was weight, so you had to shave ounces somewhere.

Solid scope, as was the T36 and others.

Back