“Mobile” set

Glenwood

We keep chickens and rabbits in mobile tractors (basically 3’x8’ cages) and move them twice daily to give access to fresh grass.
Coyotes have shown up in the area and I’d like something around the cages but I don’t want to reset every day. Are there any sets that I could have move with the cages? Could I do something like a post set but bed the trap on a platform that could just move? Maybe a hat set on a mobile base?
I’ve mostly water trapped and have caught a few fox in dirt hole sets but have never targeted coyote before.

i would get live cage traps and modify them adding a space on the end past the trip pan to put a live chicken that the coyote fox or coon cannot get into because u make it large enough and u line the add on portion as well with chicken wire so nothing can reach in as well.....then u put hay over the complete cage each night with the opening into the chicken is past the trip pan to get the chicken....then even when caught if u mod the live trap properly the chicken will still be safe behind a wall between it and the coyote fox or coon.....its hard to get coyotes into live cages BUT its a live chicken in a grass hole to a coyote and its EXTREMELY TRANSPORTABLE & if u modify them properly cover them properly and brush as well as hay on the chicken end your chicken is as safe as anywhere..a good coyote bait in the live cage not in with the chicken but past the trip pan as well would make it a double threat....Good Luck!
thumbup1.gif

Last edited:
If you "attach" a leg caught or live snared coyote or raccoon to your mobile chicken pen, there probably won't be much left of it by morning. Work away on their travel routes, animals have very specific entrance,exit points where they feel safe(especially around people).

Find the trails snare if u can. Or blind set in trail with foothold. Don't set around pen. If u caught a yote and close to it. He would try to chew in it. Put out few dirt holes using a 1 3/4 trap or bigger. When I am coyote trapping . I use #2 to #3 most of mine are 4 coil. If u don't have any coyote traps. Look at the Duke #2 dogless trap.

This is interesting. I agree you should try to trap/snare on travel routes. If you do come up with a mobile trappinng set, however, let us know how you did it.

Blind setting trails with drags could be pretty quick. Or a pipe dream with your trap in a drag. Drive your pipe in gras clump near you tractor beds your trap toss your drag and chain over , shouldn't take too long and the pvc will keep you from needing to rebait constantly

Back