Best dog proof coon traps?

Well I use the Duke dog proofs. Never had issues with any of them and they work good. They work great with all kinds of bait. Cat food, dog food, tuna, marshmallows, cut up herring etc.

I've used the z traps with push pull trigger. Never .et me down. Coon are easy to catch so it probably won't matter much

I run 6 dz dukes. 1 dz z traps 1dz little grizz. 1 dz Diablo. I like the dukes the best. I replace the springs every 3 yrs. The Diablo dp new springs weaker than 2 yr dukes. Cost me 1.00 per trap to replace springs. Little grizz I don't like the staking system. If u dye them.. The z trap miss fire on its own.
Dukes won't do it. As many coons I have caught I had one coon to twist his foot off. I run 3 swivels per trap. I use mine for nuisance control trapping. I use my dp year around. I am planning on adding more dp. They will be dukes.

NO-BS. Price direct from Kendall usually beats just about everyone else. Plus you get 16-18” of chain and Wolf fang. I take the chain stakes off and use on my canine sets. I run rebar on my dogproofs

I have 7 year old Dukes that are still holding coons. Found some Bridgers from MTP that were reduced in price because the boxes had gotten wet and the traps were rusting. They’ve worked great as well and after a catch all that rust is gone, lol.

Back