Tactical Night Vision

Predator Masters using UBB.threads ™ Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#3259166 - 12/01/20 06:38 PM Re: How to hunt with an older partner who can't get down or up from the ground? [Re: Hellgate]
Hellgate Online
Die Hard Member

Loc: Orygun
HM1996,
That second picture is pretty much what I have in mind. I think he has a Primos bipod shooting stick.
Thanks,
Tye in Orygun

With over 15 percussion revolvers I've been called the Imelda Marcos of Cap & Ball

If you do not subscribe to a newspaper you are uninformed. If you do subscribe to a newspaper you are misinformed. Mark Twain

#3259170 - 12/01/20 06:55 PM Re: How to hunt with an older partner who can't get down or up from the ground? [Re: Hellgate]
hm1996 Offline
PM Junkie

Loc: S. Texas
Hope you can find one, Tye. My partner and I bought one ea. probably 15 years ago. They're built really stout, but the canvas finally started to wear and we've both sewn them up. I bought another one, probably 5 years ago and am mostly saving it for when I can no longer patch the old one, 'cause I haven't seen them elsewhere.

Agree w/jcs271 on the tripod. I used one for a while until one leg broke through the sand into a gopher hole one day and dumped me....almost into a cactus. Last time I used that one.

I like the ghillie net on my sticks as I can sit in front of a bush or tree and still have the netting to cover movement w/remote & hand calls.

Regards,
hm

If My people will humble themselves, pray, seek My face & turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven & will forgive their sin & heal their land.

#3259257 - 12/02/20 12:29 PM Re: How to hunt with an older partner who can't get down or up from the ground? [Re: hm1996]
spotstalkshoot Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: so.mn
Have you looked at a cane seat, or possibly a cane sling seat?

#3259269 - 12/02/20 01:33 PM Re: How to hunt with an older partner who can't get down or up from the ground? [Re: spotstalkshoot]
hm1996 Offline
PM Junkie

Loc: S. Texas
Originally Posted By: spotstalkshoot
Have you looked at a cane seat, or possibly a cane sling seat?

Had not seen these before, but kinda liking what I see, Spot!
Drive Medical Folding Lightweight Cane with Sling Style Seat

If it were not for the 6.25" wide saddle, which would get quite uncomfortable for longer stands, I could have fun converting this to an all in one, mini chair, blind, shooting sticks.
Quote:
Four sturdy legs with vinyl contoured tips and a nylon sling bench measuring 15.5" (W) x 6.25" (L)

It would be easy to add a clamp on, adjustable for height tubing rifle rest to the front leg, to which a piece of ghillie netting could even add a bit of concealment. I would lower and widen the saddle for a more comfortable "chair".

An electrician could easily bend conduit to provide a wider frame from scratch to improve this design in order to fit user better. One might even be able to add a wider cross bar to rear legs and make a bicycle shaped "seat" to this one for a wider, much more comfortable seat...?

Regards,
hm

If My people will humble themselves, pray, seek My face & turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven & will forgive their sin & heal their land.

#3259482 - 12/03/20 08:09 PM Re: How to hunt with an older partner who can't get down or up from the ground? [Re: Hellgate]
Terry Lightle Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: Sand Springs,Okla
I am 64,1 aftermarket knee and another that needs to be.I use a Double Bull blind chair,very comfortable.Shooting off a Cabelas tripod works great and have had them in my lap.

#3260179 - 12/07/20 10:31 PM Re: How to hunt with an older partner who can't get down or up from the ground? [Re: Hellgate]
Hellgate Online
Die Hard Member

Thanks Terry, I'll look into that one. I am having trouble finding a child's camp stool that isn't pink or some odd color or unlikely to support my 200+lb buddy.

With over 15 percussion revolvers I've been called the Imelda Marcos of Cap & Ball

If you do not subscribe to a newspaper you are uninformed. If you do subscribe to a newspaper you are misinformed. Mark Twain

#3260186 - 12/07/20 11:24 PM Re: How to hunt with an older partner who can't get down or up from the ground? [Re: Hellgate]
crapshoot Offline
Retired PM Staff

Loc: Henderson,Nevada,USA

Average response time for a 911 call is 10 min.
Average response time for a .45acp is 900FPS.

Remember, if you're not pissing off a liberal......You are one!
Ted Nugent

#3260191 - 12/08/20 12:54 AM Re: How to hunt with an older partner who can't get down or up from the ground? [Re: Hellgate]
NDAR15MAN Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: WI / ND / IL / IA
Go with a 7 gallon bucket. They are just a little taller than a 5 gallon bucket. Makes a huge difference. Spray paint it brown. Buy a 1/2 seat ice fishing padded seat for it. When your walking Into stand , seat , camo netting go in bucket. It’s a good set up for guys with knee replacements. MD

#3260211 - 12/08/20 09:34 AM Re: How to hunt with an older partner who can't get down or up from the ground? [Re: Hellgate]
Shooter222 Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: Michigan
A lot of guys have said lawn chair already but I’d like to add to that.
When turkey hunting we use them “mirror ghost blinds” they set up in seconds and provide matching camo to where ever your hunting cause it uses the ground surface for camo pattern

#3260225 - 12/08/20 12:02 PM Re: How to hunt with an older partner who can't get down or up from the ground? [Re: NDAR15MAN]
DesertRam Offline

Loc: Las Cruces, NM USA
Originally Posted By: NDAR15MAN
Go with a 7 gallon bucket. They are just a little taller than a 5 gallon bucket. Makes a huge difference. Spray paint it brown. Buy a 1/2 seat ice fishing padded seat for it. When your walking Into stand , seat , camo netting go in bucket. It’s a good set up for guys with knee replacements. MD

I used a bucket for years until I discovered the Mojo Critter Sitter (which has sadly been discontinued, or I'd recommend it hands down). As ND points out, a bucket is handy for carrying all the goodies to stand, then serves as a seat while there. With a slung rifle, it keeps hands free and doesn't mess with your balance too badly (unless you really load it down).

ETA, my dad, who is 70 this year, still uses a bucket on stands he can't stand.

Edited by DesertRam (12/08/20 12:02 PM)

#3260338 - 12/08/20 10:53 PM Re: How to hunt with an older partner who can't get down or up from the ground? [Re: Hellgate]
Hellgate Online
Die Hard Member

You know, I already have a camo bucket that I used to use to transport my calls in til I got a decent backpack. I think I'll donate the bucket (it has a seat for it) to my buddie so he can sit and shoot. Great idea.

#3262347 - 12/21/20 06:53 PM Re: How to hunt with an older partner who can't get down or up from the ground? [Re: Terry Lightle]
shermanrm Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: nevada
I am this guy-luckily my hunting partner is BIG. He is not always around. I also like to hunt alone-so my solution was to go to my most used stands and revamp them. Took a shovel out and dug a flat spot for my seat-its some king of turkey seat about 8 inches tall. So in front of the seat I dug a hole about 12 to 16 inches deep so I could get one leg lower to help get up. With my sticks to help it works. I have used all of these sets in the last two days-it works OK-but a little deeper hole would be better. Sorry I have no way to send pictures

#3262467 - 12/22/20 12:11 PM Re: How to hunt with an older partner who can't get down or up from the ground? [Re: Hellgate]
tawnoper Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: West coast

Edited by tawnoper (12/22/20 12:16 PM)

#3262471 - 12/22/20 12:27 PM Re: How to hunt with an older partner who can't get down or up from the ground? [Re: Hellgate]
DesertRam Offline

Loc: Las Cruces, NM USA

#3262475 - 12/22/20 12:50 PM Re: How to hunt with an older partner who can't get down or up from the ground? [Re: Hellgate]
Hellgate Online
Die Hard Member

DesertRam,
Thanks for the tip. I just ran down to the basement and pawed through my stuff. I have a padded swivel seat on a camo bucket that I had forgotten I had. It looks like I'm pretty fixed up for my friend. Thanks everyone!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Infidel 762, Redfrog 

© Predator Masters™, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.