Coyote hunting tournament

Chriskwfd

I know these are getting pretty popular. My question is, how do you regulate coyotes are shot the day of the tournament. I hunted one where you could tell the dog had been dead for a few days and Frozen in the box of a pickup.
I was thinking of putting one of these on at a local bar, as a fundraiser for local volunteer Fire department. I was thinking of doing something along the lines of zip tying a block of wood in the coyotes mouth with the date and time of kill written on it. if anybody is seen anything like this could you shed some light on how well it works or doesn't work?
Thanks for the help in advance

The kill blocks and liver temp will definetly help. Also make all members of team sign the block and time of kill. I have hunted alot of contests and this works pretty well, of course there are ways around it and if people are gonna cheat they will anytime money is involved. Still love to hunt contests though, the comraderie and competition are awesome!

Picture in a cell phone works as another indicator. The details of the pic will show a timestamp. Its not fool proof but its an added thing you can check. Internal temps are good too. They are not fool proof either but if you check in as many coyotes as i have at our contests after a while you can tell when a temp and time of kill dont add up.

A lot of the comps lately are going to video. Pretty hard to cheat a video showing the coyote is loose with a timestamp of when the kill happened.

The only way I can think of to beat that would be to party hunt and even at that you would have to be really close to each other.

Cheaters will always find a way to cheat but I think this is the best way.

Originally Posted By: BailTurkey probe in the anus works pretty good too. The coyote's anus...LOL.

😳😳🤣🤣🤣
Nice!

Have not hunted a contest I several years
Hunted one Sat.- was new ways to do check-in. Video thing was new to me. Had to film the whole team shaking the coyote to show it was fresh. Also used blocks in the mouth and temp checked.
Don't know how one would cheat, but I a sure someone is going to.
Just so you'll know we called three-saw three road dog's and never killed a thing.
Some days it's not worth chewing through the straps to get out of bed.
We had a great time anyway.

Originally Posted By: BailTurkey probe in the anus works pretty good too. The coyote's anus...LOL.

I wonder how many people are going to find this post by searching any of the following words, probe in the anus works pretty good?
ohmy.gif

Originally Posted By: derbyacresbobOriginally Posted By: BailTurkey probe in the anus works pretty good too. The coyote's anus...LOL.

I wonder how many people are going to find this post by searching any of the following words, probe in the anus works pretty good?
ohmy.gif

thumbup.gif

Back