Need opinions

G mack

I have A223 AR 15. And thinking of selling that AR and getting a 22 to 50 bolt action. With all the political crap going on, I don't see that as a bad idea. What is your guys opinions?

In this political climate, the last thing I would be doing is selling an AR. If you want a bolt gun, get a bolt gun, but keep the AR.

That is my current thought process. However, I like to prepare for the worst and hope for the best. Just trying to think ahead . Thanks

Well, not being an AR guy myself, selling one to buy a nice 22-250 bolt rifle would be an easy choice with AR prices at a premium right now.

I am an ar guy, I was thinking of selling the rest of my bolts to buy more ar's lol. I'm not a big 223 fan though, so most of mine are in other calibers.

But really, buy what you like to shoot. Nobody can predict what's going to happen. I can see several scenarios playing out but I have no idea how it's going to go. There is a scenario where, with Biden's plan to have all ar's, ak's, etc registered as NFA items, with no more being produced, the value would eventually go up dramatically like machine guns did after 1986. However, that's assuming they don't use the registration as a confiscation tool, which they would undoubtably try to do.

I'm not worried about a confiscation. There are things I enjoy about a bolt gun, and things about an ar15 I enjoy. I really like the 22-250 caliber. So that would probably be the way I'd go if I was to change. But I guess I got some stuff to think about.

I just checked gunbroker, ar’s do not appear to be selling. Higher prices are being asked, but very few with bids. Are people seeing high selling prices?

I just checked gunbroker, ar’s do not appear to be selling. Higher prices are being asked, but very few with bids. Are people seeing high selling prices?

In this political climate, the LAST thing you want to do is sell the AR. If you have the money to buy the 250, buy it. If you dont, save until you do. There may be a day very soon where you wish you hadnt sold that AR. Besides, from what I can see, the prices really arent at a premium. A used AR is still a used AR. They may be in higher demand but that doesnt mean your $500 rifle is now a $750 rifle.

I like AR's but I just got 2 new barrels, a 22-250 and a 22-250AI, for bolt guns and for nite hunting with unknown range they are pretty nice. 55grain sgk @ 3750 with a 200yd zero.

If it matters, Biden has already said semi-auto rifle owners will have to 1.sell it to the government. 2. Register and pay the NFA tax. His gun czar will handle the details. Next up semi shotguns,mags over 10 rounds, than 5. Than any "sniper" rifle, this will be done by executive order once the supreme court is expanded, if the dems can't steal Senate seats. The World Economic Organization wants private property and gun ownership ended by 2030, this and the green new deal(the squads version of the great reset) are what Democrats call fundamentally changing American. In other words bye bye Bill of rights(first ten amendments to the constitution) for you kids that have only been out of public schools for less then 25 years.

I won't price gouge people. I refuse to be that guy. I can do anything with a bolt gun that I can do with an AR. So getting something else doesn't bother me much. Besides, I don't have the money to get multiple guns. I usually get one general purpose gun and run with it. I'm sure I'll just keep the AR.

I am with you on the price gouging. The sellers on Gun Broker that are asking $200 for a brick of primers would be the first whiners if gas went up to 4 dollars a gallon.
Good luck with your decision.

Back