Loving my CZ 527 in .204 Ruger

Originally Posted By: KATTRAKEROriginally Posted By: WyoBullI will ditto the majority of comments on the CZ 527 Varmint rifle. I only have one and it is in 17 Rem but I wish I would have known more about CZ's 15 years ago as I would have a lot more of them right now.
I am intrigued by the .204 but I already have most of the small calibers covered so unless I was to give up one or two that I have now, I can't justify adding one to the stable.

Like I needed another gun? I have 3 CZs- .222, 221 Fireball and now the .204 They sit between my .22-250 and my .243, next to my custom built .223 AR15.

None of them are quite the laser the .204 is....

I hear you. My current stable is 22 WMR, 17 Rem, 222 Rem, 223 Rem, 220 Swift on the varmint end of the scale.
I could easily get rid of the 223 AR as mine is a safe queen. I have two 17 Remington's so I could get rid of my 700 BDL and just keep the CZ. Oh, the stress we have to deal with...!!! LOL

The .204 is amazing!

The CZ 527 is amazing!

Unlike a “negative” where two negatives do not cancel one another out, two amazings make for a SIMPLY AMAZING!

Close runner up is my Savage short action top release I built into a 204, first with a varmint barrel and later I switched into a sporter in the same cartridge. I managed to source a target accutrigger and matching target sear. That trigger can be set as low as 6 oz. I started at 8 oz but for Farm life quickly went up-to 14 oz. of pull with it.

I have been exclusively using the 32 gr. V-max, either in factory or handloads because it’s Sooo..... accurate! But someday I will just have to get “Wild” and try that 39 gr Sierra that gets high marks. But I am a believer in the “If it ain’t broke, why mess with it” theory.

Best regards

Three 44s

Last edited:
No I don't WyoBull. People here think it's not good enough in the wind, unfortunately.

I bet you could get top dollar for it to somebody who wants it.

My name is Rob.. And I'm a CZ addict.! At the height of the illness I think I had 13 of them. Culled the herd to 8 or 9. Thereabouts. I realized I don't shoot many of them so I shared and sold them to good homes.

My lovely CZ 527 American in .223 just sits forlorn in the safe all the time I'm afraid. Shot a couple of months back and, as always, drove tacks. But because of its small size I cannot see hits very well with it when shooting at small furry critters. I would like to make it into something coolish like a .17 Fireball or .20 Vartarg but I have about as much need for another varminter as I do another testicle. So, for now at least, it sits. Just what it is.

Maybe next year it will be transformed into something else. Just will have to see how the wind blows I guess.

Originally Posted By: RustydustMy lovely CZ 527 American in .223 just sits forlorn in the safe all the time I'm afraid. Shot a couple of months back and, as always, drove tacks. But because of its small size I cannot see hits very well with it when shooting at small furry critters. I would like to make it into something coolish like a .17 Fireball or .20 Vartarg but I have about as much need for another varminter as I do another testicle. So, for now at least, it sits. Just what it is.

Maybe next year it will be transformed into something else. Just will have to see how the wind blows I guess. They are nice rifles. I have 3 of them and damnit! Now I want one in .223

I bought a 527 varmint 204 years ago based off reviews from here. Had never looked at one.. I wish the safety was different but the set trigger is amazing, regular trigger is good, and accuracy is incredible.. I haven't had great luck with Hornady bullets, but with Sierra, nosler or berger it will put 5 in a dime!

Love my CZ 527 in .204! It's shot everything well from the 32's to the 40's. I've got a a great load dialed in now using the Berger 35's. Really happy with the accuracy and the fur friendliness of it.

I have the CZ Model 527 "Varmint" .204 also using the same 39 grain Sierra Blitz King Bullets as Tawnoper mentioned.The accuracy is Awesome on this Caliber and the 39 grain bullet is fast and makes a small entrance hole and usually no entrance hole and is very good at putting down the Coyotes with little hide damage to them.The Quality in the CZ Rifles are very good and the safety takes getting use to and the set trigger is a very neat feature thats nice to have!

I have 204 Savage Pression Target with left hand bolt single shot.
most accurate rifle I have shot out of the box.
Got my first Coyote with it on trip to WY some nine years ago now.

Back