Hows it Going

Smokin250

Whats up guys. Been a little while since ive been on. Figured id stop in and say hi, see if any one is still around.

Anyway, been busy as all get out with work & a kitchen remodel lately. Still had some time here and there to get a few coyotes on the ground. Novemember has been great to me so far.

b2ec1b0ed2eed2dadb08e90efed81c37.jpg

8ff742002591111403aa1df83ee8b35c.jpg

df59bad0051aee742885037ab75a14ba.jpg

d5d7011e8f5b8a5809687ed621c052a0.jpg

23babe3159e6f428550f8e1e647fe001.jpg

0f92f921a4618f2045c0a3cc9dac4a1e.jpg

Hope to catch up with some old buddies on here.

Brian

Hey 204

As sad as ot is to admit, 6.5creed. 95gr gr vmax at 31xx fps. After years of running my 22 250 7 twist with a simrad, i switch last year to a gasser with thermal. I have a 6.5 grendel. Killed several coyotes a hogs with it. But it just didnt kill dogs like i wanted. So this year i picked up the 6.5 creed in hopesto fix that. So far ive had mixed luck with it. Killed several, and missed several. Hard to swap from a bolt gun im confident in to a gasser im not.

That being said, im getting comfortable with gun and things are coming togeather.

No sadness in admitting that, it sure does the job! Confidence is everything in shooting coyotes. It takes a lot of ammo for me to be comfortable with a rifle. And I've had a few that didn't make it. But I've got several now that I believe in. My "test" is repeated first round hits on a small steel target, about 2" high and 3" wide, at 200 yards off my sticks. This is at my house, and when I can go outside, set up on the sticks and hit that target at will with a given rifle under different weather conditions, I'm happy with the set up.

Even then too many misses happen for my liking. Coyotes are hard to hit sometimes.

Hey Tripod, How have you been.

204, that's the truth. I have to be confident in the set up. This one is taking me some time. BUT, i also switch tripods at same time as well. I went from a Manfrotto to a Silk with a RRS ball head & arca swiss rail. So, that could be something to do with it as well.

Either way. November has been great around here. i am going to try and hit a few farms around here this weekend. Hope luck continues.

Had a female test me last night.

Picked up some new farms out east last week, and have been dying to get on them. Went out last night to give it a go. On the first set i had a double working the south east side of field. They were in some stubble brush and could see them hit or miss. Got this female to come in 3 different times to under 150 yds but couldn't take the shot due to structures behind. She would come in from 600 yds each time and then turn and head back. Finally after trying every call i could think of i finally got her in a past the structures with a new tony tebbe sound i just picked up. 38 minute mark once i finally shot her

Only one for the night, but better than an empty truck bed.

40f88e2af40fb7e96a9addf1611883a2.jpg

That's persistence right there, good job on the kill. I continue to steadily kill a few, but not in the numbers I'd like. Will try it again this weekend.

HEY DIRT!! Been a long time buddy. We need to catch up soon and do a set.

Went out Saturday night for a couple sets on some of my newer farms, and had a pretty decent night. Ended up hunting a total of 5 sets in just under 5 hours, and saw a total of 9 coyote. only had shots on 5 of them. Killed 3 between buddy and I. A poorly missed shot from each up us kept that number from being 5.

Anyway, its been quiet around here. So this was welcomed.

Got up yesterday and skinned all 3, got skulls ready for clean up process (ran out of time to get them cooked down), flesh and salted hides.

Great looking coats on 2 of them. All 3 males.

59762ba779a6bcd5cb52d78c66919af2.jpg

Back