Superformance or CFE and 6creed coyote loads.

reaper4

Just wondering if anyone here has used superformance or cfe with 70 grain loads in the 6mm creed? Can’t find any varget anywhere and have a lead on superformance. Not much data out there. Any info would be appreciated. I’m looking to push a 70 hard out of a gasser.

Sorry can't help. I do use superformance in my 6mm rem
With a 55gr BT Nosler and get 4200 fps and dime-size groups in paper at 200 yards. There not a fur friendly bullet/load on a coyote if you hit any kind of bone.

Midsouth Shooters Supply had Varget in stock yesterday morning but by the time I put it in my cart and got to the checkout portion of my order it had all been snatched up and my order was no longer available for purchase. Didn't do a whole lot of good but I spent the next five minutes saying a lot of bad words at my computer screen after that.
mad.gif

Can't help you with CFE or Superformance but I'm using 44gr RL16 with 70gr Nosler Ballistic Tips 10 thou off touch in my 6mm CM and it puts them it one ragged hole.

Originally Posted By: B23Midsouth Shooters Supply had Varget in stock yesterday morning but by the time I put it in my cart and got to the checkout portion of my order it had all been snatched up and my order was no longer available for purchase. Didn't do a whole lot of good but I spent the next five minutes saying a lot of bad words at my computer screen after that.
mad.gif

Can't help you with CFE or Superformance but I'm using 44gr RL16 with 70gr Nosler Ballistic Tips 10 thou off touch in my 6mm CM and it puts them it one ragged hole.

Check Powder Valley Frequently, works for me. What twist is you 6CREED? Got an 8.5 twist Bartlein being spun on to a Stiller TAC30 as we speak and was gonna try 87 gr VMAX and similar but I have probably 3k 70 gr Noslers too.

Last edited:
Mine is a 10 twist short throat. But I was running 70’s in a 7 twist rpr with great results before I git this gas gun.

I've used both superformance and CFE223 in my 6mm Creedmoors. CFE223 has given me higher velocities in lighter bullets in 6mm creedmoor. Powder manufactures and bullet manufactures have free information on their websites that isn't difficult to find. Hogdon's website has 42gr to 45.6gr of CFE 223 for 70gr SPR HP in 6mm creedmoor.

Tha is man I saw the CFE load on Hodgdon website. In the initial post I was looking at superformance but then added CFE to get some ideas if guys were liking it. It was poorly worded. Thanks for the input though. I’ll be trying CFE to see if I get any loads I like

Its not directly related to your question but superformance is a highly underrated performer in the 6.5 case. Used it quite a bit in that application. It is in my experience temp sensitive. I get buy fine with my load which is a warm load in the fall and winter months but i dont shoot it when it starts to get into the late spring, summer, and early fall.

On the magneto speed my charge moves a 123 gr bullet right at 3000fps which is something i cant get out of other powders and its accurate. Standard deviation of 9 on 5 shot groups.

Originally Posted By: Zastava223remOriginally Posted By: B23Midsouth Shooters Supply had Varget in stock yesterday morning but by the time I put it in my cart and got to the checkout portion of my order it had all been snatched up and my order was no longer available for purchase. Didn't do a whole lot of good but I spent the next five minutes saying a lot of bad words at my computer screen after that.
mad.gif

What twist is your 6CREED?

My 6CM has a 20in Proof CF 9tw barrel.

Back