Last Nights Yote

Bowhntr6pt

Got a chance to hook up with fellow ARFCOM'er and coyote slayer 9mmCarbine. We tried a field north of areas we hunted before that I know holds coyote but we were denied. We did manage to attract an Owl who hung around a while. He really took a liking to 9mm...

After another unsuccessful stand, we relocated to a field that has always produced. It took a while, and despite hearing multiple packs of coyote call out when trains passed in the distance, the hunting was slow. We spotted two coming across the pasture about 600 yards out, they seemed to be working possibly coming back from behind us. After losing site of them a couple times a nice male came in at a trot... at about 75 yards 9mmCarbine, being the gentleman that he is, deferred to shot to me... so a short whistle got him to stop and a Hornady 123gr ELD Match bullet sealed the deal.

The weather was warmer and more humid than we anticipated. We felt the air shift from warm and humid to cool and dry. Made getting a good image difficult but so it goes with TWS's. Skeeters were out heavy from dusk until about an hour after dark. The thermacells certainly helped.

9mmCarbine I believe is his hunting partner. Also, Bowhntr...a regular colored coyote. Got into a different gene pool up north. Congrats.

Back