FOXPRO vs LUCKY DUCK

buckshooter2

I am very interested in getting an electronic game caller for predator hunting. I am very interested in the Lucky Duck revolt and have heard good things about it. Sound quality, decoy and functionality are great. However, black friday sale on the foxpro fusion with the tx1000 remote is 25% off it making about 300 bucks.

I have read a lot good reviews about them but some have said that the lucky duck sounds are much better or higher quality. Can anyone attest to this?

The other electronic call I am interested in is convergent hunting solutions by byron south. It is only 10% off making it pretty nice as well.

Is the lucky duck revolt worth getting over a foxpro fusion? How is customer service for foxpro or lucky duck? How hard is it to download sounds to them?

Foxpro just released a bunch of new sounds. The sound quality is exceptional. An American company that services what they sell. You send your caller to Lewistown PA. They have the parts to fix it on hand and a local guy will fix it and send the call right back. The sounds are easy to download from their site and easy to transfer to the caller. The Fusion is a very good quality call. You cant go wrong.

Lucky Duck has some good people involved and does have good sounds. Some of my best friends use them.

Ive got a foxpro, Ive had it for 5-6 years now calling year round and knock on wood zero issues. I have a few buddies with the revolt and they are impressive as well but ive never been around them a whole lot. Flip a coin

I sold a fusion and bought a revolt, I think 3 years ago. The revolt has called more coyotes for me for sure. There are other reasons besides sound quality, but I believe it is better, and with more volume. Remotes are another issue, the foxpro tx1000 wins there for sure.

Fusion is a good caller, but I would go with an updated set-up, either a lucky duck or one of the newer foxpros.

I have the FoxPro Shock Wave Caller and it works great and the sound is plenty loud and they have lots of Quality Sounds to add to it.

Originally Posted By: buckshooter2You said remote are a different issue. Are the lucky duck remotes better or worse than foxpro

IMO the revolt remote is not as good as the tx1000 foxpro, it's just more cheaply made, a bit tough to put batteries in. It connects great initially, but sometimes (not real often, maybe once a day) on a stand it doesn't want to switch sounds properly. Rick has taken care of me well on warranty, I'm actually on my second remote, and haven't talked to him about these latest issues. But, I paid 300 back then for the caller so it was a great deal on that good of a unit, and I still like it better than the fusion for the volume and clarity.

I don't know anything about the other fp remotes.

LD does have a newer caller, the roughneck I think, that looks like it has a better remote. That call is higher priced and smaller but without the rotate feature. I would think hard about that one when it's time to replace. I would miss the rotate though.

If I went back to fp, I'd start with the shockwave and look hard at the newer high end ones. They've updated their sound list since I had one it sounds like.

I have the fusion and i have hunted over the revolt. I have always been a foxpro guy so i might be a little biased. But day in day out i would vote foxpro. Their quality is unmatched and so is their customer service. If you’re looking to call open country i would buy a shockwave or X-wave. Fusion is nice and loud dont get me wrong, but i would buy one of the other two for more sound. Foxpro over luckyduck all day.. Just my 2 cents..

You really have to look at the features and see what is most important to you. I have a inexpensive Johnny Stewart that calls coyotes just as well as either of my Foxpros but is very limited on features and only 12 sounds and is awkward to carry. Foxpros I have Crossfire and CS-24 work fine and call coyotes, I'm not a fan of Foxpros remote I dont like scrolling for a sound. I love my Minaska M-1 Bandits but they are getting long in the tooth so I have to baby them as there is no longer any support..

Originally Posted By: AWSYou really have to look at the features and see what is most important to you. I have a inexpensive Johnny Stewart that calls coyotes just as well as either of my Foxpros but is very limited on features and only 12 sounds and is awkward to carry. Foxpros I have Crossfire and CS-24 work fine and call coyotes, I'm not a fan of Foxpros remote I dont like scrolling for a sound. I love my Minaska M-1 Bandits but they are getting long in the tooth so I have to baby them as there is no longer any support..

The TX1000 remotes have 4 preset buttons so you don't have to scroll for your top 4 sounds. I would go FoxPro just because of the customer service alone. I haven't had any issues with my CS24C but had some issues with another call years ago and got top notch service with a remote issue and a quick turn around. And it's made in the USA!!

Last edited:
Anyone saying the lucky duck is louder, is mistaken. The xwave, X2S, x24, Krakatoa, and more are all louder than any lucky duck. Lucky duck sound library is really killer but with fox pros new vocals release and the huge library, it’s not a selling point anymore for a lot of people. I have played with and currently own a few of the new FP calls but still grab my CS24 a lot. I’m sure I sound like a broken record here but look at every contest in the US and who wins them. Now look at what calls they are running. It’s not a coincidence.

I would say that your argument about looking to see who is winning and what they are using would lean towards lucky duck. At least out West almost every contest in the last three years has been won by lucky duck.

I have had both and currently have both. I do not have any of the updated sounds that FP put out but the reason I switch was for the sounds that Rick was putting out. I have enjoyed my lucky duck a lot more than my FP's.

The unit itself is ok, the remote is not that great for the revolt but if I was to vote I would say lucky duck. I would like to get the roughneck with the updated remote.

Look at the eastern US contest, worlds, wtbbc and so on. I have not participated in once single contest where a lucky duck was even top 2 and usually not even on the board. Not saying it’s not a good call but it’s not getting the use from guys that hunt major contests and it’s not even close.

2019 Worlds top 4 were all LD
2019, 2018, 2017 Nationals the podium was all LD
Wyoming best of the best2020, 2019 podium all LD
Nevada State 2020 LD

These are the biggest contests out west and right now LD is winning them all. I agree this does not determine what is the best call, what we can agree on is that LD and FP are the top two, not even close.

I honestly would love to run the LD sounds on a new FP unit.

I bought my first Foxpro caller an FX3 in 2009/2010 and at one point had it upgraded to an FX5. The FX3 worked great but was a little finicky on operating with the remote if the remote didn't have a clear view of the Caller. The upgrade to FX5 fixed that. I'm still using that Caller today although I just ordered a Fusion.
Considering I went from a Burnham Bros. or maybe it was a Johnny Stewart record player caller along with hand calls, to a Johnny Stewart cassette player caller, to a Sony Walkman, to a FX3 caller, and soon a Fusion, the FoxPro Callers have really been a huge upgrade both with sounds and with having a remote controller.
I sent the FX3 in twice, once for a repair and then for the upgrade. Both times I had the caller back in the same week. That is hard to beat.
If a company is loyal to me, then I am loyal to them. I'm betting that if the Lucky Duck has better sound quality it won't be long until FoxPro excels there too.

Back