Pretty Amazing Foxpro Story

fitz

On the last stand of my annual Texas predator calling trip in January of 2020, I forgot to retrieve my Inferno. I was about an hour into my 13 hour drive home when I realized I had forgotten it so I just said the heck with it. Was back calling the same place last week and retrieved the caller. It looked pretty good on the outside save for a few spots where rodents had chewed on the plastic and some dirt, along with a bit of rust in one spot underneath. When I found it the side with the power/speaker controls and indicator light was face up so I was not very hopefull as I figured 10 months exposure to the elements would have ruined it. I opened the battery case and surprisingly enough the batteries were not corroded and the terminals were not rusted. When I got back home I put fresh batteries in the caller and remote (which I still had) and everything worked perfectly. Pretty amazing!

Last edited:
That is funny right there, yeah pretty amazing for sure. I don't like turning around for stuff either. Opening morning of deer season I realized I forgot my lunch when I was 1/2 hour from home. Turning around meant missing out on first light. I went hungry.

Back