Dragging coyotes

If a coyote is prime, dragging it should not cause any substantial damage. What do you think happens through a normal coyote's day. Do they not rub against grass, trees, brush, and other various types of cover? What do you think happens when they fight, play, breed, etc.

Yes, over enough time, excessive rubbing can start to cause damage. For instance, coyotes that frequent sunflower fields tend to be rubbed a little earlier and look a little rougher. I have drug thousands of coyotes from fields during my coyote hunting life, and I have yet to worry if I have damaged one. Most importantly my fur buyer has never said, "Man you must have drug this coyote, because it looks rough."

When I don't like to drag them is when there is mud. This is never a good look for a fur buyer.

Originally Posted By: KirschIf a coyote is prime, dragging it should not cause any substantial damage. What do you think happens through a normal coyote's day.

Thats why you get a better price for early coyotes.
Why knowingly lower your price?

It would depend on whether you are dragging over rocky rough ground or grasses. No problem in grass but pebbles & rough rock can pull or break hairs.

Back