Sierra Pro Hunter 125 grain .30

No experience on game, but they are crazy accurate bullets. I did a bunch of research and what I could find is that they seem to be a pretty hard bullet, made more for 308s and such. I wanted to use them in a BHW American 30 which pushes them to 2600+, and have loaded them but haven't tried them on anything but water jugs. I lined up 7 gallon milk jugs at 100 yards, and it plowed through all 7 and kept on trucking so I took it as not expanding much at that speed and haven't revisited it. Might be great for a tougher hog but was worried they might pencil through a deer if it didn't hit significant bone.

I think Hdy loads the 125 sst in the bo. I load those in the 30 RAR at 2825 and will be trying them out this fall on antelope and deer.

I load them in my 308's for deer hunting, super accurate bullet, tough enough for deer, just added 2 more using my Model 100 this past weekend.

The rem 788 really likes them too, The ruger Mod 77 not so much.

For the money, 125 Speer TNT are very hard to beat. Exceptionally accurate and perform very well on game. I have some that I have been meaning to run through my M1 garand. Nosler 110gn Varmageddon did very well in my blackout too. Hammered a couple deer and several feral dogs with it with excellent results.

The 125 grain Sierra is supremely accurate in my .308s. It was the most accurate bullet I ever found in my R-25. Have not shot deer with them but they will sure put the smackdown on a coyote.

Back