Bering Optics Phenom: 12 µm 640 Scanner

Originally Posted By: family guyCould you post a picture of the Phenom for size comparison? I can but what do you want next to it for a size comparison, a Hogster?

This is an image with it beside a Hogster-R 35. Both are super small/compact.

phenom_size.jpg

There are additional pictures available at Night Goggles. The exterior, dimensions and weight didn't change from the 17 µm Phenom.

Originally Posted By: johncraddock445Kirsch, Do you think one could helmet mount one of these? There isn't a standard mount, but with some McGyvering it can be done. Not a great option, but doable. PM inbound.

Originally Posted By: Rookietjx2Is there a spot for a lanyard? You could mount something to the tripod connection on the bottom. It is a standard 1/4" 20 thread so any camera connection should work. You could use something like this or lots of other options.

Originally Posted By: G AndersonKirsch, what is the battery life during use...how many hours run time. Is the battery a rechargeable type or what?Battery is internal, and yes is rechargeable. Bering says 6 hrs. I have not timed it in standard temps or cold weather yet. It also allows for an external 5V battery so that is how I am using it. The more features you turn off such as wireless, compass, etc the less draw. You can also put it in Stand By mode which conserves more than 30% of the power.

Originally Posted By: KirschOriginally Posted By: KirschOriginally Posted By: mbaysinger89Ive had one backordered for a couple months. Im excited to get hands on it. Can you run this with a 5v 2.4a battery, or does it require a 2amp battery? Thank you for your patience. The Phenom is amazing. I will send Bering the question on 2.0A vs 2.4A and see what they say. I am guessing it will be fine, but will check. Bering recommended a 2.0A battery pack.

Just curious,

What difference would it make weather it is 2.0 Amp or 2.4 Amp as long as they are both 5 volt? I have some 2.1 Amp 5 Volt, that wouldn't work?? I do also have some 2.0

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: carvercallsJust curious,

What difference would it make weather it is 2.0 Amp or 2.4 Amp as long as they are both 5 volt? I have some 2.1 Amp 5 Volt, that wouldn't work?? I do also have some 2.0 When I asked Bering, their exact response was.

5V 2.4A charger may provoke slow charge of the Phenom battery

Originally Posted By: KirschOriginally Posted By: mbaysinger89When do you think this will ship? This first batch is shipping from Bering no later than 11/23. It only takes 1 day to get to NG. So, it is feasible if you order and get in this first batch, it could be shipping to you by 11/25. Keep in mind there is only a few left in this first order, so I would call Tom Austin, Programs Director at Night Goggles at 909-312-5424 X531 right away, if you need one soon. I should be used to delays with thermals. Bering was a day late shipping. In addition, I hadn't taken into consideration it is the week of Thanksgiving. For those that ordered, they will be shipping soon so thank you for your patience.

You're a good man Kirsch. Answering all the questions and providing all this info, I really appreciate it. Looks like a phenomenal unit! ( sorry, couldn't help myself)

Originally Posted By: Bowfisher You're a good man Kirsch. Answering all the questions and providing all this info, I really appreciate it. Looks like a phenomenal unit! ( sorry, couldn't help myself) I have used the PHENOMenal pun a few times myself. Here is a pic from my last hunt. I hope to get more coyote scanning videos. However, when I see a coyote, of course I put the scanner down and the gun takes over, so I don't get a lot of coyote/scanner footage. Maybe once we lose the full moon phase, I will be able to stay on coyotes longer with the scanner and not worry about them seeing movement when I move to the gun.

Shipping Update: The first batch of 12 µm Phenoms arrived at Night Goggles late yesterday. They should be shipping soon.

Coyote1.jpg

Back