Predator Masters using UBB.threads ™ Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Topic Options
#3257746 - 11/17/20 03:28 PM Need help baiting for Bobcat
Mtns2hunt Offline
Predator Master

Loc: VA
Got no shortage of rabbits and it appears Bobcats. Would like to live trap one. I have read about every artical on Predator Masters and now suffer from information overload. I need a sensible strategy for live trapping. I have two cages a bottle of Cat man Do lure, some chicken feathers and two dead squirrels.

The plan is to set one trap up wind of a thicket near a hay field where I have seen the cat twice. The other in a gully where I am finding tracks next to a creek.

I will use the chicken feathers (or Turkey) as a visual. Scatter feathers around the trap and inside over the dirt covered floor. The squirrel tail I will hang in the back by wire and add a bit of lure. Also was going to place lure on a stick outside. I will of course brush in the trap and stake down.

Does this sound like a plasible plan? Thought about Bobcat Urine but read that it attacts to many other critters. Also does anyone have experience with the cat man do?

I know I may be over thinking this but that is the way I am. I put a lot of effort into my projects. Thanks for your help.

#3257821 - 11/18/20 08:48 AM Re: Need help baiting for Bobcat [Re: Mtns2hunt]
spotstalkshoot Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: so.mn
Cat man do is a good predator lure, I don't have bobcat in my area but I have and do use it for a change up at coyote sets(dirtholes). Follow the label information. Your plan sounds solid, cats don't seem too attracted to rotten bait. I have heard from other trappers that an flashy cd hung up to spin with wind 4-6' above a set is a good attractor. You just want it to spin with very little flutter.

#3257864 - 11/18/20 02:58 PM Re: Need help baiting for Bobcat [Re: Mtns2hunt]
gotspots Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: Western Colorado
If you have access to beaver, a beaver carcass will draw the cat in. once he starts nibbling on it put it in a cubby with the cage in front. Or cut the carcass in half and wire it in the back of the cage. Cover it well to keep the birds out.

#3257900 - 11/18/20 08:46 PM Re: Need help baiting for Bobcat [Re: spotstalkshoot]
Mtns2hunt Offline
Predator Master

Originally Posted By: spotstalkshoot
Cat man do is a good predator lure, I don't have bobcat in my area but I have and do use it for a change up at coyote sets(dirtholes). Follow the label information. Your plan sounds solid, cats don't seem too attracted to rotten bait. I have heard from other trappers that an flashy cd hung up to spin with wind 4-6' above a set is a good attractor. You just want it to spin with very little flutter.

Thank you for the feedback. I will try the CD!

#3257901 - 11/18/20 08:50 PM Re: Need help baiting for Bobcat [Re: gotspots]
Mtns2hunt Offline
Predator Master

Originally Posted By: gotspots
If you have access to beaver, a beaver carcass will draw the cat in. once he starts nibbling on it put it in a cubby with the cage in front. Or cut the carcass in half and wire it in the back of the cage. Cover it well to keep the birds out.

I don't have access to beaver. However I am told they are considered a nuisance animal and the county next to mine has a open season on them all year. I will ask around to locate one. Thanks, really appreicate the feed back.

Moderator:  AWS 

© Predator Masters™, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.