Cabela's Covenant 7 5x35x56 FFP Scope

Bluedog

I bought one of these a little over a year ago and was somewhat skeptical of whether it would perform good enough to be used as a hunting scope. After many trips to the range, and many trips hunting I have decided that not only was it well worth every penny but likely more.

The disappointment however is now the lifetime warranty doesn't exist anymore since the Bass Pro acquisition.

Does anyone else use this scope for hunting and if so, what has been your experience with durability?

I realize it isn't high end glass and I don't have the same expectations of it as I do my Viper Gen 2, but for the money....for a scope that gets put through the ringer all year long...it has held up impressively for me.

I "had" one. It was pretty good at first but it wouldn't stay focused. It would go fuzzy. I had only had it for a couple of months. When I tried to return it, I got considerable flak from CS. I was told "Lifetime Warranty" by the sales rep and it said the same on the box. BPS said it only had a 30 day warranty. After a little cussing and discussing, they refunded my money. I won't buy a house brand scope with only a 30 day warranty again. Glad yours is holding up.

2 years running strong. No complaints. I haven't had any reason to take it back so I don't know about warranty issues, but i don't se me needing to. I only have 1 complaint. I wish it came with a sun shade attachment.

I know nothing about the Covenant series, and won't likely know anything in the future.

I had the same warranty discussion about an Integrity series (I think that's the name). I have 6 of those I bought on close out for about 1/3 the price. They are Meopta, or identical to the old Zeiss Conquest. Awesome clarity and reticle. Lifetime warranty right? Lol, not since the BP takeover.

However, Meopta CS took care of it and sent me a replacement. So big kudos to them but Cabelas left me hanging. Dick Cabela would not be proud of the outfit that carries his name now.

Back