AR scope mount ?

Scamp

I have a flat top AR with full picattiny rail. What scope mount would you recommend? I see one piece cantilever type and 2 piece AR mounts. What do you have, and why do you like it. I'm probably going to put a Leupold vx1 3-9x40 I have on it.
Thanks.

I had one piece mounts on several of my ARs until I found out it was hard to mount a picatinny mounted Caldwell brass catcher and have it work right. So replaced them all with Vortex see-throughs.

Life is much better now.

But yeah, one piece mounts make it easy to mount a scope without much error. I had mostly Burris PEPRs.

There's lots of ways. I've used 1 piece 1/2" risers from YHM and others and put Burris signature zee rings on them and that works well, I've used 1 piece cantilever mounts from Stoner, Redfield, DNZ, Nikon, and maybe some others and they all worked. For a light weight setup the cheap see thru rings from Leupold work well also.

I like the end of the scope right at the charging handle, and the cantilever setups allow that with most any scope.

Originally Posted By: yotesniper13I use one piece mounts on all my AR's. Aero Precision make a good ultra light mount.

Same here, and I prefer the Aero as well.

I use an ARMS mount #35 with high rings.
That gives me my 3-inch distance between bore lines.
This a day/night time scope I use on three rifles and my crossbow.
The mount holds zero; the scope does the rest, ATN 4K
You can adjust the mount to your needs for under $200.
I use the same mount on my thermal scope.

jcJ5bck.jpg

66nNUP2.jpg

UsPhCGX.jpg

Ive used 2 piece rings and am currently running a Leupold 1 piece cantilever mount. I prefer the Leupold as its super easy and consistent swapping from one gun to another.

Larue makes an EXCELLENT QD mount. I own a few C.A.N. mounts along with a couple LT104. The C.A.N. mount will run you about $150 OTD and I must say, it is well worth it. Return to zero is excellent. If weight is an issue, the Aero will be lighter but I will gladly trade a few ounces for superior durability.

Back