Foxpro X2S? How does it compare to a CS24c?

DiRTY DOG

How does the newer X2S compare to a CS24c? It seems newer calls are all getting larger and heavier with time, as opposed to smaller and lighter as technology advances. The X2S seems really "big" but there's not much info or reviews out there. Foxpro says it's 5.0 lbs, AllPredatorCalls says 3.5 lbs. The folding legs seem really bulky, can you remove them? Anyone use one?

I have the X24, I beleive its the same as the X2S without the graphics. I've never handled the CS24c so I can't compare the two. X24 is a little big in my opinion,I was using a Fusion prior to it. Not sure if the legs can be removed, never looked. But I do like the fact that the legs are good for hanging from trees, fence post, etc. Plus I don't need to buy a tripod to get it off the ground. Legs are good for carrying it. I've never weighed it. Mine is the M F K edition, plenty of great sounds. 100 M F K and 200 Foxpro. I really like the internal rechargeable batter pack (no more buying batteries). I will say the X24 is very LOUD. It has way more volume than I'll ever need for calling here in Northwest Indiana. Haven't used it a lot, but when I did yotes love the new sounds I'm throwing at them. Crystal clear and sounds great! Hope this helps a little with your question.

I'm sure my opinion is the minority, but I think this whole deal about callers up on a tripod is just a big fad fueled by online chatter and copying the other guy. I've called coyotes in several western states and have never felt the need for a tripod mount. Wide open cattle ranches, sage brush for miles, and scrub oak choked coastal mountains, brushy canyons, I don't see a need. There's nearly always a rock or a bush or a fence post etc to place the caller on if you want. Callers these days are loud as [beeep] anyways. I'll be a monkey's uncle if raising an ecaller 12" off the ground makes a lick of difference to predators. It seems to me that permanently attached legs won't be popular in a few years, especially if they add bulk like these. It looks like this will take up an ENTIRE day pack and will certainly be a handfull for clanking on other stuff when carried by hand. Anyone used one?
50306023301_8f49c09e69_w.jpg

I like the legs on the X24 for carrying, hanging, and lastly a little elevation on the ground. In that order. I don't use a day pack. It might be to bulky depending on the size of your pack. Also I like pointing the call straight up in the air, I believe it can confuse the coyote on the direction of the sound. At least thats what I believe. Right or wrong thats what I think. You are right about it clanking, I just make sure my other gear is away from it. Overall I do like the call. I totally agree about calls being very Loud. For my area I don't need that much volume. But the question always with some people is "how loud is the call". Thats the only reason I put out that info. Because sooner or later someone will ask. Coyotes have very good hearing, not necessay to blow out their ear drums.
My personal opinion is to many people crank the volume up to loud. But with that said I don't hunt in areas with high winds or I can see for miles. This is why I like looking at the PM forums, everyone has a different approach to the sport everyone loves.

Originally Posted By: DiRTY DOGI'm sure my opinion is the minority, but I think this whole deal about callers up on a tripod is just a big fad fueled by online chatter and copying the other guy. I've called coyotes in several western states and have never felt the need for a tripod mount. Wide open cattle ranches, sage brush for miles, and scrub oak choked coastal mountains, brushy canyons, I don't see a need. There's nearly always a rock or a bush or a fence post etc to place the caller on if you want. Callers these days are loud as [beeep] anyways. I'll be a monkey's uncle if raising an ecaller 12" off the ground makes a lick of difference to predators. It seems to me that permanently attached legs won't be popular in a few years, especially if they add bulk like these. It looks like this will take up an ENTIRE day pack and will certainly be a handfull for clanking on other stuff when carried by hand. Anyone used one?
50306023301_8f49c09e69_w.jpg

The advantage, for me, with a tripod is getting the call/antenna up out of the grass. We hunt a lot of pastures here and if the grass is high the remote range is very limited. I have a CS24c and in tall vegetation sometimes I can't get the remote to work reliably past maybe 30-35 yds.
I don't like having to carry a tripod but it sure beats walking out and resetting the call because it won't respond to the remote.

Back