preferred bipod or shooting stick setup and why

I think bipods have their place and sticks have theirs. I personally use the old Polecat sticks. They were originally setup as a tripod, one leg was cut off and they are now perfectly setup as a great set of sticks. Snap on and off in a hurry, have been very durable and with a quick twist are adjustable for uneven terrain or shooting on a hill. There are rubber feet that keep them from sliding around and if needed can be popped off and put in your pocket to reveal carbide tips to grab into hard surfaces which has been handy in some of the canyon country I hunt where the rubber feet just don't really want to grab into rock. I've been impressed enough with them that I've bought another set of Polecat's but this time manufactured by Primos. The second set ore just as durable as the first but were made with just the two legs rather than three like the first set I bought. Both sets are lightweight and easy to maneuver to swing around for an unexpected shot. In my personal opinion the Polecat's are highly recommended and won't break the bank either.

Ive tried many different shooting rest for hunting, bipeds and tripods, but I always nd up going back to the most basic one and cheapest out there and that is the Hunters Specialties Johnny Stewart Quik-Shot Predator Shooting Stick, Multicolor. $14.99 on Amazon.

I like the swagger so far, it does add some weight. If you put them on a gun that isn’t free floated, they will change point of impact. Missed a yote this morning because I didn’t confirm zero. The rifle was zeroed before I put them on. Factory Remington LV SF,,,

Back