Request opinions for .221 Fireball scope-

KATTRAKER

I have a CZ Fireball. Its a great shooter. It came with a Redfield Revolution 3x9 with the Accu-range reticle. I have a couple of Revolution scopes and like them...but really don't like this reticle. So I am looking for input.

I live in an area KS with of broken timber, hills and ag fields. I had a fox on my property last month and I know there are bob cats about. I have lots of varmint rifles- .243. .22-250, .222, .223 ect I am thinking this little furball would be a good one for smaller fields, close in calling, and the like. But we also have plenty of coyotes and I intend to limit my shots to under 200 yards when possible.

What would you reccomend? I have a 2x7 Revolution on my AR-15 that does a good job. I also saw the Leupold at about the same price.

What would you put on this sweet little rifle and why? Thanks-

I'll probably get flamed for my opinion but it won't be the first time, but I like Nikon scopes. Especially the upper end Prostaff models. They aren't big clunky tactical looking scopes and for me, the glass is very clear and I have never had a problem with them. Maybe something in the 4-12 or 4.5-14 power range would look right at home on the CZ. While I don't like the stupid circles in the reticle, you can get them with hash marks instead. The Redfield Revenge isn't to bad a scope either but between it and the Nikon, I'd lean towards the Nikon. JMO.

Hawke has a fàir following in England and with the airgun crowd. The Leupold Freedom line is pretty nice. I just put a couple of Konus scopes on a Model 70 222 Rem and an AR these are 1.5_6x42's w/illuminated dots nice glass and they were spot on for adjustments, they were in the $125 range. Better quality a Burris 4X 1.5-6x42mm at $259. There are the Burris ff-ll 2-7 scopes around $150.

The last Tasco I bought was 30 years ago ànd the point of impAct would change when you changed the power.

For the ranges and terrain your talking I wouldn't look at anything over a 3-9 but would be more comfo4table with a 1-4, 1.5-6 or 2-7/10.

I have a straight 15 power on my 221 Remington. I really like that round for anything under 200 yards.
The coyotes out west here just hate that Gun.

Optic planet has a Burris 3x9x40 with a plain plex reticle for usually under $150.I have 3 of them so far and really like them. That being said I've a Nikon Monarch 3x9 on my 221 with a plex that works really well but if it fails I'll replace it with a Burris.

Tried the new Athlon Halos & Talos models & they are not bad scopes for the $$! well built, fairly bright & seem reliable. But I would have to agree with pycsodog! Nikon is the way I would go.. Since they are stopping there production of scopes, I've picked up two new Nikons.. Both are Prostaff - 1st is the P3 2-7x32 with Nikoplex reticle. Great little scope with excellent brightness & clarity, but getting hard to find.. 2nd is a P3 6-18x40 A.O with milldot reticle. Bought this one mainly for target work with a 22 magnum. Its a very good scope as well but limited to 35 moa of adjustments. If your not shooting much past 200 yrds, the 2-7x32 would be a good choice IMO. The 3-9x40 maybe easier to find though! Neither will likely be easy to find with a Nikoplex ret.

I like to match the size of the scope to the size of the rifle. A big huge scope on a small rifle like the CZ just doesn't look right to me and they are heavy as well. A big tactical looking scope on the CZ just looks out of place to me. Just my opinion. There are lots of scopes out there that will serve your needs without adding pounds to the rifle. I have a Leupold VXR 3x9 on my deer hunting rifle. Its not huge or heavy and the glass is very good. The fire dot is nice to. I also got the CDS dial with it and its pretty much spot on. Just another option for you to consider.

Late to the party.. but I am never disappointed with my Zeiss 3x9x40 Conquests on both my 17 Remingtons. They're discontinued but are around. I'm sure nice ones are available on the market but they're always around the $300.00 mark, which was what they were new if you waited for a deal. Very nice glass. Leupold and the Nikon Monarch line are nice too. Just save for a nice one as a scope that doesn't hold zero is frustrating and costly. Good luck.

Nikon Monarch 3x9 is a tremendous scope, smallish scope that does not over power the package. Optics on the monarch are incredable. Do a "Want To Buy" in the classifieds. Probably get one shipped like new for around $175 or so.

Nikon Monarch 3x9 is a tremendous scope, smallish scope that does not over power the package. Optics on the monarch are incredable. Do a "Want To Buy" in the classifieds. Probably get one shipped like new for around $175 or so.

Lots of great advice above,bunch of good scopes to be had.I am a Leupold fan but mine are the old VARI X III models guess I am showing some age here.

Back