I'm liking this 300 BO

Yea I'm liking it to! Think I'm gonna buy one.. The report has to be very low! your barely using more powder than factory premium 22 mag ammo uses which is 7.0 gr for the most loads in the 30-35gr bullet range.

Originally Posted By: Coyote#1Yea I'm liking it to! Think I'm gonna buy one.. The report has to be very low! your barely using more powder than factory premium 22 mag ammo uses which is 7.0 gr for the most loads in the 30-35gr bullet range.

I dismissed the BO for years because it seemed lots of folks struggled with accuracy when shooting subs. I started looking into it more and realized that's not necessarily the case. Came across a great deal on the barrel so I decided to give it a go... glad I did.

It's quieter than my BIL's crossbow.

Accuracy with my load is nothing to brag about but the load functions perfectly and sounds fantastic so I'm going to stick with it. I see this as a 75 yards and in tool.

Originally Posted By: Bowhntr6ptOriginally Posted By: YellowhammerWhat bullet you using?

220gr Nosler CC with 8.6grs AA #9.

How does aa9 powder compare to aa1680? I’m looking for a new subsonic powder to try as 1680 is near impossible to find

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: RemingtonmanOriginally Posted By: Bowhntr6ptOriginally Posted By: YellowhammerWhat bullet you using?

How does aa9 powder compare to aa1680? I’m looking for a new subsonic powder to try as 1680 is near impossible to find

I've only used #9.

Originally Posted By: RemingtonmanOriginally Posted By: Bowhntr6ptOriginally Posted By: YellowhammerWhat bullet you using?

I'm using H4198 and a 190 grain SUB-X

Congrats. I’ve been thinking about a 300 BO. My feeder is 75 yards from the blind. After your comment about the quiet report, sounds like what I think I need lol.
Thanks for sharing.

Originally Posted By: C. HarperCongrats. I’ve been thinking about a 300 BO. My feeder is 75 yards from the blind. After your comment about the quiet report, sounds like what I think I need lol.
Thanks for sharing.

After trying the BO out, I now wish I had toyed with it years ago. With the quiet report, these hogs had no idea what to do or which way to run...

Last edited:
Back