Zeiss Optics

Predator Masters using UBB.threads ™ Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#3265748 - 01/12/21 08:50 AM Re: Diamond back scopes? [Re: Bear]
crschum Offline

Loc: Indiana
If you ever plan to take the rifle out long range I’d consider going to the higher end diamondback tactical first focal plane. Guys take them out in the vortex extreme and track well to over 1000 yards with 6.5 cm. Not much more. But a lot more doors get opened to you as a shooter wanting to see what a rifle system is capable of.

#3265919 - 01/13/21 09:49 AM Re: Diamond back scopes? [Re: Bear]
Plant.One Offline
Die Hard Member with a vengeance

Loc: Oakland County, MI
well that stands to reason.. i dont think anyone would recommend attempting to shoot at 1k yds with a $200 price point scope.

that still doesnt make them a bad scope - but right tool for the right job and all that.

#3272453 - 03/01/21 12:06 AM Re: Diamond back scopes? [Re: Bear]
riflenut Offline

Loc: Southeast Virginia
I have two 3-9x40 diamondbacks and like them however I had a situation at dusk with a deer in a field where the fading red and pink light of sundown in that direction basically whited out my scope enough that I couldnt attempt a shot, I could see the deer in the corn stubble with my naked eyes but not in the scope. since then I have read several reviews where others had the same thing happen. I have read some feel it is a lackluster coating, dont know if thats true.the clarity is pretty good for 200 bucks.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© 2000-2008 Predator Masters™, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.