First Hogs With New .300 BO Build

Bowhntr6pt

Took an afternoon break from deer hunting and road the ranch... hogs were out in full force gobbling up acorns under the Live Oaks... we saw perhaps 50+.

Killed ten and called it a successful time-killer. The .300 BO sounds relatively quiet and you can really hear the bullet impact.

I'm using my home-rolled 220gr Nosler CC with 8.6grs AA #9, I'm getting 1040 FPS with full suppressed functioning and bolt lock back.

This will for sure be my CQB hog gun lol.

I always thought subs should be a good way to go for multiple shots if they're close enough. Does a herd scatter at the shot?

Good shooting btw

Originally Posted By: 204 ARI always thought subs should be a good way to go for multiple shots if they're close enough. Does a herd scatter at the shot?

Good shooting btw

These hogs don't get much shooting pressure as I'm the only one who hunts the 3500+ acres.

When they hear a shot, they sometimes run a few feet or go 50 yards. Sometimes they head for the woods/swamp or just look around to see what's going on.

Originally Posted By: Coyote#1I dont know alot about the B.O.! I assume its close quarter head shots?

Yes... due to the low velocity and the lack of necessary speed for bullet expansion, I will limit this rifle to about 50-75 yards and hogs. I'm using a 50 yard zero

The main use will be for walking up on preoccupied hogs and taking head shots or good forward shoulder shots or when I'm hunting over one of the feeders at 35-40 yards. If close, 25-30 yards, I'll take running shots.

Originally Posted By: Bowhntr6ptOriginally Posted By: Coyote#1I dont know alot about the B.O.! I assume its close quarter head shots?

Yes... due to the low velocity and the lack of necessary speed for bullet expansion, I will limit this rifle to about 50-75 yards and hogs. I'm using a 50 yard zero

The main use will be for walking up on preoccupied hogs and taking head shots or good forward shoulder shots or when I'm hunting over one of the feeders at 35-40 yards. If close, 25-30 yards, I'll take running shots.

I looked into the cartridge further & I see its capable of much more power if ya want it.
It is a pretty versatile cartridge! The conditions your using it in would be ideal where I'm hunting.

BTW, nice rifle! amazing kills!! Thanks for the insight..

Thanks for posting. Great shooting. I have been thinking about a 300BO for hogs from the blind (75 yds). Suppressed subsonic would be nice.
Good post. Thanks again.

Originally Posted By: Bowhntr6ptOriginally Posted By: Coyote#1I dont know alot about the B.O.! I assume its close quarter head shots?

What part of central FL are you near? I have some buddies in arcadia

Originally Posted By: Smokin250Originally Posted By: Bowhntr6ptOriginally Posted By: Coyote#1I dont know alot about the B.O.! I assume its close quarter head shots?

What part of central FL are you near? I have some buddies in arcadia

Sumter county AKA "Hog County".

Back