How to replace Battery in a Johnny Stewart MS-512 Animal Caller?

Godsdog

The Lead Acid Battery in my "Old" Johnny Stewart Game caller is dead! Can someone tell me how to get into that Caller the easy and correct way without tearing it all to [beeep]? Also if you know some places to order the battery I'd sure appreciate it! Thanks for any info! Jim

2 screws. one on each side of the case. take em out and pull case halves apart. be somewhat careful of the wiring inside as you pull the halves apart. battery is under the tape deck.

I remember replacing the batteries on mine and they were outrageously expensive and I just extended the wire and taped a compact fence battery under it. A little bulkier but weighed about the same. This was before I knew about the internet, so it was pretty much JS replacement batteries compared to the selection of batteries that you can find on line now.

Originally Posted By: GodsdogThe Lead Acid Battery in my "Old" Johnny Stewart Game caller is dead! Can someone tell me how to get into that Caller the easy and correct way without tearing it all to [beeep]? Also if you know some places to order the battery I'd sure appreciate it! Thanks for any info! Jim

I've had the JS caller for over 20 yrs and have only had to replace one of the battery's. What I do now with the batteries is "desulphife" them each year (when I can remember to do it) and they seem to go for a very long time - many years!

The battery is SLA type, so not hard to find (two connected together).

I just recently replaced the two batteries on my MS-512, pretty easy to do. As mentioned earlier, two screws to open. Purchased two 6v batteries on the internet for something like $20. Taped them together like the old ones were, reinstalled and the unit works as good as new.

Back