MOA AR for $800 ??

soup

Guys ,
I recently sold my AR . It was a build I spent on .
Geissle DMR-Mega lower - Luth stock - Kreiger VarMatch 20" SS fluted barrel in .223 Wylde -Leupold VX3 3.5x10 . .It was boring accurate . Problem was I wanted it for yotes and it weighed 11 pounds . I tried , but it was too much .The barrel was close to a grand after I had them do the upper work also .
Here's my wish list ;Not looking for a heavy weight . 20" fluted and threaded -Luth again - adjustable trigger - 1/8 twist -.223 Wylde .
What's the price ?
Thank you in advance for your time and help .
Semper Fi
Soup

Right now isn't a great time to get deals on AR parts. It may be even more expensive or impossible to find some parts in a couple weeks depending on how this election goes. Joes talking about a $200 stamp for "certain firearms". I'm assuming he puts ARs in this category.

If you are going to buy everything this week, I doubt you could do it for less than $1000. A good trigger and barrel would be were I would spend the money. You could get a good Geissle trigger for around $240 and I would expect to pay at least $400 for the barrel. Add in the cost of upper and lower that you build cheep for $200 and another $200 for bolt carrier group, hand guard and other parts and you are over $1000. Wouldn't be hard to spend over $1500 depending on the parts you select.

If you can save on the barrel then you have a chance on keeping it under $800. I also like accurate guns and saving a couple hundred on the barrel isn't worth the risk of getting a gun that doesn't shoot well. I have a 300 blackout that I bought a cheap barrel for and after trying multiple different types of ammo, it still won't shoot less than 2 MOA. I have longer 300 blackout barrel that I bought cheep from the same manufacturer that will shoot 1 MOA. I spent around $500 on a 223 wylde barrel and it will shoot 1/2 MOA consistently. It has shot many 1/4 MOA five shot groups. Even though this 223 wylde is heavy (?10? lbs including scope and full mag), I still used it to kill a couple coyotes today. I don't mind the weight for the hike and I keep it on a heavy tripod on the stand.

Back