POF ROGUE WONT EXTRACT!!!!

jeepnsammys

As it says i have a pof rogue that fails to extract the spent case from the chamber therefore slamming the next round into the stuck case hard enough to push the bullet back in the case till its compressing the powder. I have figured out that after about 5 or 6 rounds of this it then begins to function like it has something to do with the barrel heating up it starts to extract and function but at this point its time to let it cool down. I am running a suppressor (harvester) and im shooting PPU 150 grain soft points also tried some other 150 grain ballistic tips samething they would not extract till 5 or 6 rounds and barrel warmed up then they would extract? Anyone have a rogue with similar problems? or figured out the issue id like to hear about it....

I had to send a P308 back for a similar problem. Turns out the gas block port was under sized.

Took forever to get it back. I never could get it to shoot accurately so I sold it.

There is really no good way around an adjustable gas block on a 308 except for maybe a custom barrel with a custom length gas tube, Adjustable gas carrier key or an adjustable BCG.

Does your rifle jam up with the suppressor off?

My LR 308 has a rifle butt stock with a David Tubbs buffer spring that is a must. Gas 308's are powder finicky also. I try to stay in the H4895 range.

A full power bolt action hunting load with slow burning powder is going to give your suppressed 308 fits unless you find a way to tune it down.

Consider polishing that chamber also.

How does the head stamp area of your brass look after warm up, and things are going good? Any scratches etc.?

Back