Think I got lucky

pyscodog

Cabin fever set in so I went to a shop in Tulsa. I was there yesterday and saw he had an older Knight DISC rifle on the shelf. They said they wanted $150 for it and I passed. Today I started looking at it again and noticed a sizeable amount of rust in the barrel and the outside looked a little rough as well. Once again they asked if I wanted it and I told them that the rust was really turning me off. He then asked if I would give $100 out the door and I bought it. All the way home I had serious doubts, even worse when I pulled the breech plug. It looked pretty bad. Three hours later and LOTS of scrubbing...the barrel looks great. It cleaned up really nice and the inside is shiney as a new penny. No rust or pitting at all. I got on the internet and ordered 200 primers thingy's and a set of scope bases. Doubt I'll have it up and running for this season but for sure next year. Maybe I got lucky on this one. My last Knight was a real shooter.

I’m a Knight guy, you can convert it all the way up to non-plastic jackets if desired. I’ve hung a ton of deer on the pole with my Knights. The triggers are great, easily adjustable.

Go to modernmuzzleloaders.com to get additional info.

My breech plug is a little gnarly looking so I thought I might order a new one. Knight seems to be the only place that has them in stock. $13.99 for the plug and $15.00 to ship. Seriously? Maybe I don't need one that bad after all.

Got lucky again. Found a breech plug on the shelf in Tulsa. Even saved a few dollars. Maybe I should buy a lottery ticket. LOL! I sure hope my luck holds up tomorrow. Opening day of Okla. Primitive season!!

Well its rained the last 3 days and looks like more to come. Doesn't look like I'll get to use the Knight this season. Maybe I'll get to shoot it when/if the rain stops.

You used all of your luck finding that breach plug.
thumbup.gif

Well, I got in an early hunt this morning so I loaded up the Knight and headed to the range. A 250 grain T/C Shockwave bullet and 100 grains of 777 produced a very nice tight group at 100yds. Seems I had a little luck left. Not so much in the woods but at the range. Just before 8am a yearling cruised past me. Way to small to shoot but at least it was a deer. Then got visited by a couple of tree rats raising he11 close by. I did get a call from my gunsmith buddy Ernie. He got a dandy 12 point this morning.

Back