Vanilla 223, 40 grain and X-Terminator.

I've never tried it but I have a lot of luck with TAC behind the 40 grain.

jWfA4GWm.jpg

I use a lot of Exterm/2230, buy it by the 8# bottle. It is temp sensitive but it takes winter work-ups during 100+ summer days to be noticeable for me. It and 40gr NBT are one of my favorite pelt hunting loads in my 22-204.

Last edited:
Last fall I purchased some 400 rd boxes of Nosler 223 40 gr bt ammo. It says for bolt action only. I measured the oal and they are about 0.010 over AR mag length. Plan on putting the 223 barrel on my Dimension and trying on a few coyote. Not sure what Nosler uses for powder, sticker 3700 fps muzzle.

I shoot 40 gr. Noslers ahead of 27.5 grains of H335. They shoot really small groups. I haven't shot a coyote with them yet but see no reason they would not work very well.

I use a lot of Xterminator in my 223's and have not noticed the temperature sensitivity outlined above but I don't shoot much when it is 95F+ cause I don't enjoy it. It is the same powder as Accurate 2230 . I have found it very consistent and an excellent choice for the 223. I mostly use 50 gr Nosler BT's for my 12 twist guns and 65 gr Sierra Game kings in my 8 and 7 twist guns.

I have used Nosler 40 gr BT'S IN MY HORNETS since 1991 with a load that starts them at about 2800 fps. Excellent performance on yotes and small vermin.

Back